News & Public Notices
September 21, 2018 -
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/Construction.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit Riders
Find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
Ministry of Transportation
For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit www.Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard expect periodic delays and lane closures between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until November to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
- Highway 15 at Highway 401 – expect alternating week-night closures of the eastbound and westbound on and off ramps and east and west right-lane closures on Highway 401 near the Cataraqui River bridge 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. from Sept. 24 to Oct. 5.
- Sydenham Road at Highway 401 – expect eastbound off-ramp to be closed 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. week nights from Sept. 24 to Oct. 5.
Construction Road Closures
- Division Street will be closed from Brock to Princess until mid-October. The intersection of Princess and Division will remain open.
- Division Street will be closed from Princess to Queen until late November. The intersection of Division and Queen will also be closed. Follow detour signage.
- The intersection of Division and Colborne streets will be closed until late November. Follow detour signage.
- Princess Street between Clergy and Division will be closed for paving on Friday, Sept. 21. The alternate bad weather date will be on Monday, Sept. 24.No through traffic will be able to pass the Barrie and Princess intersection during paving.
- Barrie Street between Queen and Brock will be closed on Monday, Sept. 24. The alternate bad weather date will be on Tuesday, Sept 25. Traffic will be able to pass through the Barrie and Princess St intersection.
- Victoria Street will be closed from Oak to Cameron from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sept. 29 while Utilities Kingston crews work on gas service.*
Other Road Closures
Patrick Street from Russell to Joseph will be closed 1-6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22 for a Community BBQ.
Market Street from King to Ontario will be closed on Friday, Sept. 28 from 9 a.m. to 12 noon while a crane to lifts an HVAC unit to the top of 297 King.
George Street from Stuart to O'kill will be closed from 7 a.m. on Friday Sept. 28 to 7 p.m. on Sept. 30 inclusive for the hoisting of structural and mechanical equipment to the top of Botterell Hall.
Please note that O'Kill St will have the direction of traffic changed in the opposite direction to accommodate access to parking on George St
Expect delays this week on:
- Midland Avenue north of Cataraqui Woods Drive, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. September 26 to 28 due to lane restrictions. Two-way traffic will be maintained.*
- King St. East from Barrie to West until November as crews for Utilities Kingston replace an end-of-life watermain.
- Princess Street at Hillendale due to lane reductions as Utilities Kingston replaces an end-of-life gas main.
- Bath Road from Coverdale Drive to Collins Bay Road until late September to accommodate construction of a bikeway and multi-use waterfront path. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until mid-October while crews install storm sewers.
- Highway 38 at Unity until early November.
*This information was added after this notice was distributed.
Sidewalk and Pathway Disruptions
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction or work zones in these areas:
- Division Street from Brock to Colborne.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/News to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.