Traffic Report - Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
September 28, 2018 -
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/Construction.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit Riders
Find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
La Salle Causeway Lane Closure
Public Services and Procurement Canada advises that Oct.1 to 10 there will be the following La Salle Causeway lane closures to allow for necessary inspections:
- Alternating lane closures: from 9 a.m. Monday, Oct. 1 to 3 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5 AND from 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 9 to 6 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10.
- Intermittent full closures (including sidewalks): 7:30 to 9:40 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 1. The closure scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 2 at this time has been cancelled.*
Questions? Contact Public Services and Procurement Canada:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-463-1850.
Ministry of Transportation
For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit www.Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard expect periodic delays and lane closures between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until November to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
- Highway 15 at Highway 401 – expect alternating week-night closures of the eastbound and westbound on and off ramps and east and west right-lane closures on Highway 401 near the Cataraqui River bridge 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. until Oct. 5.
- Sydenham Road at Highway 401 – expect eastbound off-ramp to be closed 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. week nights until Oct. 5.
Construction Road Closures
- Cameron Street will be closed from Seventh to Oak from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 3 to allow Utilities Kingston to install gas service.*
- Division Street will be closed from Brock to Princess until mid-October. The intersection of Princess and Division will remain open.
- Division Street will be closed from Princess to Queen until late November. The intersection of Division and Queen will also be closed. Follow detour signage.
- The intersection of Division and Colborne streets will be closed until late November. Follow detour signage.
- Barrie Street will reopen between Queen and Brock streets after paving has been completed on Friday, Sept. 28. The intersection of Barrie and Princess will be open to traffic. Use Clergy Street to detour.
Other Road Closures
- Market Street from King to Ontario will be closed on Friday, Sept. 28 from 9 a.m. to 12 noon while a crane to lifts an HVAC unit to the top of 297 King.
- George Street from Stuart to O'Kill will be closed from 7 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 28 to 7 p.m. on Sept. 30 for the hoisting of structural and mechanical equipment to the top of Botterell Hall. Please note that O'Kill St will have the direction of traffic changed in the opposite direction to accommodate access to parking on George Street.
- Princess Street will be closed from Division to Ontario 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 29 for the Princess St. Promenade presented by Downtown Kingston!
- UPDATE: Boundary Road is now reopened to traffic.(work complete).* Boundary Road will be closed from Sand Hill to 6th Concession from 7 a.m. Monday, Oct. 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4 to allow City public works crews to replace a culvert.
- King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes from 4 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 4 to 3 a.m. Friday, Oct. 5 for the John Mellencamp concert.
Expect delays this week on:
- Midland Avenue immediately north of Cataraqui Woods from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1 to Thursday, Oct. 4 due to lane restrictions. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
- King St. East from Barrie to West until the end of November as crews for Utilities Kingston replace an end-of-life watermain.
- Princess Street at Hillendale until the end of November due to lane reductions as Utilities Kingston replaces an end-of-life gas main.
- Bath Road from Coverdale Drive to Collins Bay Road until late September to accommodate construction of a bikeway and multi-use waterfront path. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until mid-October while crews install storm sewers.
- Highway 38 at Unity until early November.
- Portsmouth Avenue from Old Quarry to John Counter until the end of the year for the installation of storm sewers and realignment of Portsmouth Avenue.
- Sand Hill Road from Highway 15 to Boundary until late October.
- Sunnyside Road from Mildred to Burbrook until late October.
- Lincoln Drive from Hudson to Bayridge until late October.
- King Street from Lower University to Albert until late October.
- Montreal Street from Hickson to Raglan until late October.
- Gardiners Road from Bath to Fortune until late October.
Sidewalk and Pathway Disruptions
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction or work zones in these areas:
- The sidewalk will be closed on King Street from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes from 4 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 4 to 3 a.m. Friday, Oct. 5 for the John Mellencamp concert.*
- Division Street from Brock to Colborne.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/News to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.
* This information was added after this release was distributed.