Traffic Report - Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
October 12, 2018 –
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/Construction.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit Riders
Find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
Ministry of Transportation
For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit www.Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard expect periodic delays and lane closures between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until November to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
- Highway 15 at Highway 401 – expect alternating closures of eastbound and westbound on and off ramps weeknights from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 15 to Friday, Oct. 26.
Construction Road Closures
- Division Street from Barbara to Railway will be closed starting at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 12 to 11:30 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 14 while crews install a new water service for the new Fleet Maintenance Garage at 701 Division St. Please note: There will be construction noise through the weekend as crews will be working day and night to minimize the impact on traffic.
- Division Street will be closed from Brock to Princess until late October. The intersection of Princess and Division will remain open.
- Division Street will be closed from Princess to Queen until late November. The intersection of Division and Queen will also be closed. Follow detour signage.
- The intersection of Division and Colborne streets will be closed until late November. Follow detour signage.
- George Street will be closed from Stuart to O'Kill from 7 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 16 to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 17 to allow a crane to be lifted onto Botterall Hall.
- Grey Street will be closed south of First from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 15 and from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 16* as Utilities Kingston installs gas service. Local traffic only will be allowed between Concession and First.
Other Road Closures
- King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes from 4 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 19 to 1 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 20 for the Jeff Dunham Show.
- Union Street will be closed from University to Division from 5 a.m. Friday, Oct. 19 to 9 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 21 for the University ReUnion street festival.
Expect delays this week on:
- Division Street at Barbara due to lane shifts until Friday, Oct. 26 while crews install a new water service for the new Fleet Maintenance Garage at 701 Division St.*
- Midland Avenue immediately north of Cataraqui Woods from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1 to Thursday, Oct. 4 due to lane restrictions. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
- King St. East from Barrie to West until the end of November as crews for Utilities Kingston replace an end-of-life watermain.
- Princess Street at Hillendale until the end of November due to lane reductions as Utilities Kingston replaces an end-of-life gas main.
- Bath Road from Coverdale Drive to Collins Bay Road until mid-October to accommodate construction of a bikeway and multi-use waterfront path. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until late October while crews install storm sewers.
- Highway 38 at Unity until early November.
- Portsmouth Avenue from Old Quarry to John Counter until the end of the year for the installation of storm sewers and realignment of Portsmouth Avenue.
- Sand Hill Road from Highway 15 to Boundary until late October.
- Sunnyside Road from Mildred to Burbrook until late October.
- Lincoln Drive from Hudson to Bayridge until late October.
- King Street from Lower University to Albert until late October.
- Montreal Street from Hickson to Raglan until late October.
- Gardiners Road from Bath to Fortune until late October.
- Joyceville Road from Highway 2 East to Middle Road from Monday, Oct. 15 to Thursday, Oct. 18. Expect lane closures as public works staff remove and replace a culvert.*
*This information was added after this release was distributed.
Sidewalk and Pathway Disruptions
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction or work zones in these areas:
- Division Street from Brock to Colborne.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/News to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.