Traffic Report - Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
October 19, 2018 -
How would you like to hear about city road work?
How would you like to be informed about the City's planned road and sidewalk work projects? Complete the five-minute survey online at GetInvolved.CityofKingston.ca by Nov. 30.
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/Construction.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit riders
Find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
Ministry of Transportation
For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit www.Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard expect periodic delays and lane closures between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until November to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
- Highway 15 at Highway 401 – expect alternating closures of eastbound and westbound on and off ramps weeknights from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. until Friday, Oct. 26.
Construction road closures
CLOSURE EXTENDED: Alfred Street from Elm to Princess will be closed 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 24 to 5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 29 for excavation to replace a sanitary sewer.*
Cherry Street is closed form Pine to Quebec for emergency water service replacement until 3 p.m. Oct. 24.*
Westdale Avenue will be closed from Park to Franklin from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 25 while Utilities Kingston crews install gas service.*
- Division Street will be closed from Brock to Princess until late October. The intersection of Princess and Division will remain open.
- Division Street will be closed from Princess to Queen until late November. The intersection of Division and Queen will also be closed. Follow detour signage.
- The intersection of Division and Colborne streets will be closed until late November. Follow detour signage.
Other road closures
- King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes from 4 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 19 to 1 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 20 for the Jeff Dunham Show.
- Union Street will be closed from University to Division from 5 a.m. Friday, Oct. 19 to 9 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 21 for the University ReUnion street festival.
Expect delays this week on:
- Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard between Elmwood and Princess from 5:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 25 as Utilities Kingston crews make emergency repairs. The northbound turning lane and curb lane will be closed.*
- Division Street at Barbara due to lane shifts until Friday, Oct. 26 while crews install a new water service for the new Fleet Maintenance Garage at 701 Division St.
- Princess Street at Alfred from Oct. 22 to mid-November due to lane restrictions as Utilities Kingston crews work to replace a sanitary sewer to increase capacity in the area.
- King St. East from Barrie to West until the end of November as crews for Utilities Kingston replace an end-of-life watermain.
- Princess Street at Hillendale until the end of November due to lane reductions as Utilities Kingston replaces an end-of-life gas main.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until late October while crews install storm sewers.
- Highway 38 at Unity until early November while crews upgrade road and add turning lanes.
- Portsmouth Avenue from Old Quarry to John Counter until the end of the year for the installation of storm sewers and upgrade the road surface for the realignment of Portsmouth Avenue.
- Lincoln Drive from Hudson to Bayridge until late October.
- King Street from Lower University to Albert until late October.
- Montreal Street from Hickson to Raglan until late October.
- Gardiners Road from Bath to Fortune until late October.
- John Counter Boulevard from Portsmouth to Indian Road until mid-November while crews install a watermain.
*This information was added after this release was distributed.
Sidewalk and pathway disruptions
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction or work zones in these areas:
- Division Street from Brock to Colborne.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/News to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.