News & Public Notices
November 9, 2018 –
How Would You Like To Hear About City Road Work?
How would you like to be informed about the City's planned road and sidewalk work projects? Complete the five-minute survey online at GetInvolved.CityofKingston.ca by Nov. 30.
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/Construction.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit Riders
Find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
Ministry of Transportation
For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit www.Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard – expect periodic delays and lane closures between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until mid-November to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
Construction Road Closures
- Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard -- the eastbound turn lane northbound onton Princess will be closed from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 15 for gas construction work.*
- Division Street is closed from Princess to Queen until late November. The intersections of Division and Queen and Division and Colborne will be also be closed until late November.
- John Counter Boulevard will be closed from Indian to Portsmouth starting at 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9 until 5 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 12 while crews complete the new intersection at Portsmouth.
Event Road Closures
Remembrance Day ceremonies on Sunday, Nov. 11 mean the following streets will be closed:
- Barrie Street from King to Stuart from 10:20 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- King Street from Barrie to West from 10:20 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- King Street from Barrie to Lower University from 8:15 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Ontario Street from West to Gore from 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Bagot Street from West to Barrie 10 to 11 a.m.
Expect delays this week on:
- Ontario Street from Queen to Princess from Monday, Nov. 12 through Sunday, Nov. 18 as crews reduce lanes to install a new storm sewer.
- Westbrook Road south of Princess (Highway 2) from Wednesday, Nov. 14 to mid-December as Utilities Kingston makes upgrades to the Westbrook Sewage Pumping Station.
- King St. East from Barrie to West until the end of November as crews for Utilities Kingston replace an end-of-life watermain.
- Princess Street at Hillendale until the end of November as Utilities Kingston replaces an end-of-life gas main.
- Princess Street at Alfred until mid-November as Utilities Kingston crews replace a sanitary sewer to increase capacity in this area.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until mid-November while crews install storm sewers.
- Highway 38 at Unity until mid-November while crews upgrade the road and add turning lanes.
- Portsmouth Avenue from Old Quarry to John Counter until the end of the year for the installation of storm sewers and upgrade the road surface for the realignment of Portsmouth Avenue.
- John Counter Boulevard from Portsmouth to Indian Road until mid-November while crews install a watermain.
*This information was added after this release was distributed.
Sidewalk and Pathway Disruptions
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction or work zones in these areas:
- Division Street from Princess to Colborne.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/News to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.