Traffic Report - Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
December 14, 2018 -
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/Construction.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit Riders
Find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
La Salle Causeway Lane Closure: Dec. 20-21 Traffic on the La Salle Causeway will be reduced to one lane in both directions from 7 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 20 until 1 a.m. Friday, Dec. 21 to allow for the latch basin to be cleaned out. Sidewalks will remain open.
Ministry of Transportation
For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit www.Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- Highway 401 westbound off-ramp onto Highway 15 will be closed Thursday, Dec. 20 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. to complete repairs needed as the result of an accident.*
- Highway 401 at Highway 38/Gardiners Road – expect daily lane closures on the 401 until November 2020. The carpool lot in this location was closed on Nov. 28 and a new one is scheduled to open on Nov. 30, 2019.
- Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard – expect periodic delays and lane closures between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
Expect delays this week on:
- Jackson Mills Road from Bur Brook Road to 400m south (near the K&P Trail) as traffic is reduced to one lane to allow crews install concrete barriers to improve roadside safety.
- Portsmouth Avenue from Old Quarry to John Counter until the end of the year for the installation of storm sewers and upgrade the road surface for the realignment of Portsmouth Avenue.
- John Counter Boulevard from Portsmouth to Indian Road while crews upgrade the road surface for the realignment of Portsmouth Avenue.
- Westbrook Road south of Princess (Highway 2) to mid-December as Utilities Kingston makes upgrades to the Westbrook Sewage Pumping Station.
- Princess Street west of Portsmouth as Utilities Kingston replaces an end-of-life gas main.
*This information was added after this release was distributed to the media.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/News to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.