News & Public Notices
January 4, 2019 –
See the City's infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/Construction.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit Riders
Find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
Ministry of Transportation
For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit www.Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- Highway 401 near Highway 15 – expect nightly left lane closures in both directions from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Highway 401 at Highway 38/Gardiners Road – expect lane closures on the 401 until November 2020 and delays of up to 10 minutes nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. on the westbound 401. The carpool lot in this location was closed on Nov. 28 and a new one is scheduled to open on Nov. 30, 2019.
- Union Street is closed in both directions from Sir John A. Macdonald to Pembroke on Monday, Jan. 7 until approximately 1 a.m. on Jan. 8 for emergency watermain repairs by Utilities Kingston.*
- Kimberley Street is closed from Purcell and Old Colony until approximately 2:30 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 7 to allow Utilities Kingston to make water service repairs.*
Expect delays this week on:
- Jackson Mills Road from Bur Brook Road to 400m south (near the K&P Trail) as traffic is reduced to one lane to allow crews install concrete barriers to improve roadside safety.
- Portsmouth Avenue from Old Quarry to John Counter until the end of the year for the installation of storm sewers and upgrade the road surface for the realignment of Portsmouth Avenue.
- John Counter Boulevard from Portsmouth to Indian Road while crews upgrade the road surface for the realignment of Portsmouth Avenue.
- Johnson Street's north lane is closed between Palace and Gibson on Wednesday, Jan. 9 until 6 p.m. to allow Utilities Kingston to conduct watermain repairs.*
*This information was added after this release was distributed.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/News to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.