News & Public Notices
June 12, 2015 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Traffic delays (construction)
- Expect delays on Princess Street between Division and Macdonnell beginning Tuesday, June 16 until Friday, June 26 while crews repair the road surface.
- Expect delays on Montreal Street at the intersection of John Counter on Tuesday, June 16 while crews repair the road surface.
- Expect delays to increase significantly on Front Road between Trail Head Place and INVISTA until late October as crews transition to the next stage of bridge work. Choose an alternate route if possible.
- Expect delays and lane restrictions on Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard (southbound lanes) just north of the intersection of Princess Street to continue next week while Utilities Kingston works on the Avenue Road water main replacement project. Crews will be working with excavation equipment in the roadway.
- Expect delays on Creekford Road at the new intersection of Bayridge Drive until late November while crews construct the extension of Bayridge Drive.
Road closures (construction)
- Ellerbeck Street will be closed from King to Davidson beginning Wednesday, June 24 until late August for major reconstruction.
- Stuart will be closed from George to Arch until late June for major reconstruction.
- Union Street will also be closed at Yonge until late-June for the above major reconstruction.
- Yonge Street will be closed from Kennedy to Union until late-June for major reconstruction.
Road closures (events)
- Market Street will be closed between Ontario and King on 8 a.m. on Friday, June 12 to 1 a.m. Saturday, June 13 for Rockin the Square with Hawksley Workman and special guest PS I Love You.
- King Street will be closed between The Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes until Saturday, June 13 for St. Lawrence College Convocation.
- King Street will also be closed between The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes on Sunday, June 14 from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for the Kingston Cycling Festival.
- Princess Street is closed between Wellington and King on Saturday, June 20 from 8 p.m. to midnight for the Skelton Park Arts Festival
The following streets will be closed on Saturday, June 20 from 7:30 a.m. to 12 noon for Kingston Kids Triathlon:
- Nelson Street from York to Concession (both lanes)
- York Street from Nelson to Alfred (westbound only)
- Alfred Street from York to Concession (southbound only)
- Concession Street from Nelson to Alfred (westbound only)
Utilities Kingston advisory
Work to Impact Bike Lanes on Johnson Street
Work to replace utility meters at residences and businesses on Johnson Street may impact bicycle lanes over the next week.
In order to safely transport equipment, and to avoid standing in or crossing traffic, technicians park in close proximity to the buildings they are working at. There may be up to three vehicles working in the area; the vehicles change location approximately every half hour.
We do our best to leave room both on the bicycle lane and sidewalk for bikes and pedestrians to safely pass by. The work is being conducted in adherence to Ministry of Transportation temporary traffic conditions and municipal by-laws.
We apologize for the inconvenience of this disruption. If you have any questions, please contact customer service at 613-546-0000.
Learn more about our work to replace metering equipment from our pages Accurate, Reliable Gas Metering Equipment (www.utilitieskingston.com/Gas/ReliableMetering.aspx) and Accurate, Reliable Water Metering Equipment (www.utilitieskingston.com/Water/reliablemetering.aspx).
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.