Traffic Report - Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
July 10, 2015 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Traffic delays (construction)
- Expect significant delays on Front Road between Trailhead Place and INVISTA until late October as crews replace the bridge. Choose an alternate route if possible.
- Expect delays on Creekford Road at the new intersection of Bayridge Drive until late November while crews construct the new Bayridge Drive extension.
- Also expect delays at the intersection of Bayridge Drive and Sierra until late July while crews construct the new Bayridge Drive extension.
Road closures (general)
McEwen Drive is closed from just south of Bath Road to Castell Road until late July while crews assess the damage and make the necessary repairs to the storm sewer. Businesses on Bath Road remain accessible from Bath Road. Local traffic can access this section of McEwen Drive from Castell Road.
Road closures (events)
- Ontario Street will be closed between Market and Brock on Sunday, July 19 from a.m. to 5 p.m. for the Pull Together For Epilepsy Fundraiser
The following streets will be closed for the annual Buskers Rendezvous:
- Sydenham Street between Princess and Queen until Saturday, July 11 from 2:45 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. each day.
- Princess Street between Bagot and Wellington until Saturday, July 11 from 12:45 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. each day.
- Ontario Street between Brock and Johnson on Friday, July 10 from 5:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Ontario Street between Brock and Johnson on Saturday, July 11 from 12:45 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Ontario Street between Brock and Johnson on Sunday, July 12 from 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Princess Street between Division and Barrie on Saturday July 11 from 8 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Road closures (reconstruction)
See related project parameters in the next section.
- The intersection of George and Stuart will be closed beginning Monday, July 13 until late July.
- Yonge Street from Hatter (South Leg) to Church will be closed until early August.
- Stuart Street from George to Arch will be closed until late July.
- Arch Street will be closed from Stuart to the north limit until late July
- Ellerbeck Street from King to Davidson will be closed until late August
2015 Road reconstruction plans (See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction)
Construction projects are currently underway to reconstruct the following areas:
- Yonge Street between Kennedy and Johnson
- Forsythe Avenue
- Ellerbeck Street between Union and King
- Stuart Street between Lower University and Arch
- Arch Street
Electrical Work to Affect Downtown Parking and Sidewalks
Business owners, shoppers and residents in the areas listed below can expect parking restrictions and sidewalk closures while crews work to install new electrical infrastructure. Work will be staggered over the coming months so not all these areas will be affected at the same time.
- Princess Street between Clergy and Montreal
- Clergy Street between Princess and Queen
- Sydenham Street between Princess and Queen
- Montreal Street between Princess and Queen
View a more detailed map of the affected area at http://utilitieskingston.com/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=289.
We apologize for any inconvenience. This work helps to ensure a reliable source of electricity to you, our customers. For more information, call the Customer Service Centre at 613-546-0000.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, communications officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116, or call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.