Traffic Report - Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
July 17, 2015 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week, including a notice from Utilities Kingston about electrical work affecting downtown parking and sidewalks and a notice from Public Works and Government Services Canada about work being planned for the La Salle Causeway.
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Traffic delays (construction)
- Expect significant delays on Front Road between Trailhead Place and INVISTA until late October as crews replace the bridge. Choose an alternate route if possible.
- Expect delays on Creekford Road at the new intersection of Bayridge Drive until late November while crews construct the new Bayridge Drive extension.
- Also expect delays at the intersection of Bayridge Drive and Sierra until late July while crews construct the new Bayridge Drive extension.
Road closures (general)
McEwen Drive is closed from just south of Bath Road to Castell Road until late August while crews make the necessary repairs to the storm sewer. Businesses on Bath Road remain accessible from Bath Road. Local traffic can access this section of McEwen Drive from Castell Road.
Road closures (events)
- Ontario Street will be closed between Market and Brock on Sunday, July 19 from a.m. to 5 p.m. for the Pull Together For Epilepsy Fundraiser
- Ontario Street will be closed between Johnson and Brock on Saturday, July 25 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. for the Kingston Police Show N' Shine Motorcycle Charity Event for Fallen Heroes
- Market Street will be closed on July 27 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., and on July 28-29 and August 1, 4-5, 9, 11-12 from 5 to 9 p.m. each day for the Autoshow performance in Springer Market Square as part of the Kick and Push Festival.
- King Street will be closed from the Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes on Sunday, July 26 for the Journey concert.
Road closures (reconstruction)
See related project parameters in the next section.
- Parking will not be permitted on George Street or Okill Street beginning Monday, July 20 and Tuesday, July 21 while crews complete the final lift of asphalt. These dates are weather dependent.
- The intersection of George and Stuart will be closed until late July.
- Yonge Street from Hatter (South Leg) to Church will be closed until early August.
- Stuart Street from George to Arch will be closed until early August.
- Arch Street will be closed from Stuart to the north limit until late July
- Ellerbeck Street from King to Davidson will be closed until late August
2015 Road Reconstruction Plans
(See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction)
Construction projects are currently underway to reconstruct the following areas:
- Yonge Street between Kennedy and Johnson
- Forsythe Avenue
- Ellerbeck Street between Union and King
- Stuart Street between Lower University and Arch
- Arch Street
Electrical Work to Affect Downtown Parking and Sidewalks
Business owners, shoppers and residents in the areas listed below can expect parking restrictions and sidewalk closures while crews work to install new electrical infrastructure. Work will be staggered over the coming months so not all these areas will be affected at the same time.
- Princess Street between Clergy and Montreal
- Clergy Street between Princess and Queen
- Sydenham Street between Princess and Queen
- Montreal Street between Princess and Queen
View a more detailed map of the affected area at http://utilitieskingston.com/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=289.
We apologize for any inconvenience. This work helps to ensure a reliable source of electricity to you, our customers. For more information, call the Customer Service Centre at 613-546-0000.
Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC)
La Salle Causeway — Bridge Closure
Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) wishes to advise motorists, boaters, pedestrians and cyclists of an upcoming two-day closure of the La Salle Causeway anticipated in August 2015.
This closure is necessary to complete a structural repair that will ensure the continued safe operation of the bridge.
PWGSC will announce the closure dates as soon as the schedule is confirmed.
The closure has been scheduled in consultation with the City of Kingston and Province of Ontario to ensure the least possible inconvenience.
A taxi service will be made available for pedestrians during the closure period.
Boats less than 4 metres in height above the waterline can pass through the causeway via the east bridge.
Safety is a top priority for PWGSC, and we are committed to ensuring the continued integrity of the bridges we manage.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank users for their patience.
For inquiries related to the project, contact:
For more information on the La Salle Causeway please contact the Media Relations Unit, Public Works and Government Services Canada, 819-956-2315
For more information on all other traffic delays and road closures please contact Cindie Ashton, communications officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116, or call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.