Traffic Report - Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
August 28, 2015 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week, including a notice from Utilities Kingston's about electrical work affecting downtown parking and sidewalks, and about Queen's University student move-in day.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/residents/transit/service-alerts
Traffic Delays (Construction)
- Expect delays and lane closures on King Street at Portsmouth Avenue delays until early October while crews install underground services for the new Providence Care Hospital.
- Expect significant delays on Front Road between Trailhead Place and INVISTA until the end of the year as crews replace the bridge. Choose an alternate route if possible.
- Expect delays Lancaster Drive and Hudson Drive beginning Monday, Aug. 31 until mid-September while crews install traffic calming measures.
- Bath Road between Portsmouth and Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd will be down to one lane (eastbound) on Monday, Aug. 31 from 5 a.m. until noon while crews for Utilities Kingston make repairs to a damaged gas valve.
Road Closures (General)
- McEwen Drive from south of Bath Road to Castell Road will be closed until mid-September while crews replace the underground infrastructure. Businesses on Bath Road remain accessible from Bath Road. Local traffic can access this section of McEwen Drive from Castell Road.
Road Closures (Reconstruction)
Below are the reconstruction projects currently underway followed by the section that is currently closed
Yonge Street (between Kennedy and Johnson) and Forsythe Avenue
- Yonge Street from Hatter (north leg) to Hatter (south leg) will be closed until late September.
- Forsythe Avenue from Mowat to Yonge will be closed until late September.
Ellerbeck Street between Union and King
- Ellerbeck Street will be closed from Union to Davidson until early October
Road Closures (Events)
Sydenham Street Revived:
- Sydenham Street will be closed to vehicles from Queen to Princess until 9:30 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 13 for Sustainable Kingston's Sydenham Street Revived project.
Limestone City Blues Festival
The following streets will be closured this weekend:
- Princess Street from Division to Barrie on Friday, Aug. 28 from 4:45 to 11:59 p.m.
- Brock Street from Ontario to Wellington on Saturday, Aug. 29 from 4:30 to 11:59 p.m.
- King Street from Brock to Princess on Saturday, Aug. 29 from 4:30 to 11:59 p.m.
- King Street from Clarence to Brock on Saturday, Aug. 29 from 11:30 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
- Market Street from Ontario to King on Saturday, Aug. 29 from 6 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
Queen's University Move-In Day – The following streets will change to one-way beginning at 7 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 6:
- Collingwood Street from King to Union, one-way southbound. Overnight parking restrictions will begin at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 5 to restrict parking on key traffic routes. Courtesy towing has been arranged for any cars remaining on the designated street.
- Albert Street from Union to King, one-way southbound. Overnight parking restrictions will begin at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 5 to restrict parking on key traffic routes. Courtesy towing has been arranged for any cars remaining on the designated street.
- Stuart Street from University to Lower Albert, one-way westbound. Overnight parking restrictions will begin at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 5 to restrict parking on key traffic routes. Courtesy towing has been arranged for any cars remaining on the designated street.
- St. Lawrence Avenue from Stuart to King, one-way southbound.
- Queen's Crescent from Beverly to Collingwood, one-way westbound.
- Okill Street from George to Barrie, one-way eastbound.
Queen's University Move-In Day – The following streets will be closed:
- Bader Lane will be closed for one-way traffic westbound beginning at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 5.
- Arch Street will be closed at Union Street beginning at 7 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 6.
- George Street closed at Stuart Street beginning at 7 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 6.
Utilities Kingston - Downtown Electrical Work
Business owners, shoppers and residents in the areas listed below can expect parking restrictions and sidewalk closures while crews work to install new electrical infrastructure. Work will be staggered over the coming months so not all these areas will be affected at the same time.
- Princess Street between Clergy and Montreal
- Clergy Street between Princess and Queen
- Sydenham Street between Princess and Queen
- Montreal Street between Princess and Queen
View a more detailed map of the affected area at: www.utilitieskingston.com/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=289
We apologize for any inconvenience. This work helps to ensure a reliable source of electricity to you, our customers.
For more information on all other traffic delays and road closures please contact Cindie Ashton, communications officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116, or call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.