Traffic report - Traffic report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic report
October 2, 2015 –
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week, including a notice from Utilities Kingston's about electrical work affecting downtown parking and sidewalks.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/residents/transit/service-alerts.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Traffic delays (construction)
- Expect significant delays on Front Road between Trailhead Place and INVISTA until the end of the year as crews replace the bridge. Choose an alternate route if possible.
- Expect lane closures and delays at the intersection of Princess Street and Portsmouth Avenue at Utilities Kingston staff rebuild the intersection. Work will be performed at off-peak times.
- Expect significant delays on eastbound Concession Street (between Princess and Drayton). Concession will be reduced by the left turning lane as Utilities Kingston installs a gas main. Due to the location of this project, extra precautions are being taken to minimize impacts and delays for drivers. For example, trenchless (no-dig) technologies will be used to the greatest extent possible.
Learn more about the traffic impacts of this project from Utilities Kingston www.utilitieskingston.com/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=305.
Traffic delays (road repair program)
The City's road repair program, to remove and replace sections of asphalt will continue through September. To limit delays, the contractor will avoid working on high volume roads during peak travel times. Here's where they will be working next week:
- Queen Street from Wellington to King
- Ontario Street from Johnson to Clarence
- Princess Street from Concession to Sydenham
Road closures (reconstruction)
- Yonge Street from Forsythe to Hatter (north leg) will be closed until early November.
Utilities Kingston - downtown electrical work
Business owners, shoppers and residents in the areas listed below can expect parking restrictions and sidewalk closures while crews work to install new electrical infrastructure. Work will be staggered over the coming months so not all these areas will be affected at the same time.
- Princess Street between Clergy and Montreal
- Clergy Street between Princess and Queen
- Sydenham Street between Princess and Queen
- Montreal Street between Princess and Queen
View a more detailed map of the affected area at: http://www.utilitieskingston.com/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=289
We apologize for any inconvenience. This work helps to ensure a reliable source of electricity to you, our customers.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, communications officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116, or call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.