News & Public Notices
October 30, 2015
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week, including a notice from CN rail regarding upcoming closures at various crossing and from Utilities Kingston's about electrical work affecting downtown parking and sidewalks.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/residents/transit/service-alerts.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Traffic Delays (Construction)
- Expect delays on Ellerbeck Street between Davidson and King beginning Monday, Nov. 2 while crews complete remedial work.
- Expect significant delays on Front Road between Trailhead Place and INVISTA until the end of the year as crews replace the bridge. Choose an alternate route if possible.
- Expect delays to begin on John Counter Boulevard between Princess and Indian as crews complete preliminary work for the bridge embankment. See www.CityofKingston.ca/jcb
- Expect significant delays on eastbound Bath Road (between Palace and Princess) and minor delays on Concession Street (between Princess and Drayton). These sections of Bath and Concession will be reduced to one-lane at times as Utilities Kingston installs a gas main. Due to the location of this project, extra precautions are being taken to minimize impacts and delays for drivers. For example, trenchless (no-dig) technologies will be used to the greatest extent possible. Learn more about the traffic impacts of this project from Utilities Kingston www.utilitieskingston.com/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=305.
Road Closures (Reconstruction)
- Yonge Street will be closed from Wolfe to Forsythe until early November.
- John Counter will be closed between Portsmouth and Princess from Nov. 9 to 13 while crews replace culverts. Local traffic can continue to access the Via Rail station and other businesses on the west side of the tracks from Princess St.
Road Closures (CN Rail)
- Collins Bay Road will be closed at the CN rail crossing beginning Sunday, Nov. 1 at noon until Wednesday, Nov. 4 at 6 a.m.
- Hitchcock Road will be closed at the CN rail crossing overnight on Thursday, Oct. 29 and Friday, Oct. 30 beginning at 7 p.m. each evening until 6 a.m. the next morning.
- John Counter Boulevard will be closed at the CN rail crossing beginning at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 31 until 6 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 1
Utilities Kingston - Downtown Electrical Work
Business owners, shoppers and residents in the areas listed below can expect parking restrictions and sidewalk closures while crews work to install new electrical infrastructure. Work will be staggered over the coming months so not all these areas will be affected at the same time.
- Princess Street between Clergy and Montreal
- Clergy Street between Princess and Queen
- Sydenham Street between Princess and Queen
- Montreal Street between Princess and Queen
View a more detailed map of the affected area at: http://www.utilitieskingston.com/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=289
We apologize for any inconvenience. This work helps to ensure a reliable source of electricity to you, our customers.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, communications officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116 (cell 613-329-3462), or call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.