News & Public Notices
November 13, 2015
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week, including a notice from Utilities Kingston's about electrical work affecting downtown parking and sidewalks.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/residents/transit/service-alerts.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Traffic delays (construction)
- Expect delays on John Counter Boulevard between Princess and Indian as crews complete preliminary work for the bridge embankment. See www.CityofKingston.ca/jcb
Road closures (reconstruction)
- Yonge Street will be closed from Wolfe to Forsythe until early December.
- Ellerbeck Street will be closed between Davidson and King beginning until Thursday, Dec. 10, 2015 while crews complete remedial work.
Road closures (events)
Market Street will be closed between Ontario and King from 5-9 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 21 for the Santa Claus parade and tree lighting ceremony
- Expect significant traffic delays eastbound on Bath Road (between Palace Road and Princess Street) and on Concession (between Princess St. and Drayton Ave.) These sections will be reduced to one lane at times, as Utilities Kingston installs a gas main. Due to the location of this project, extra precautions are being taken to minimize impacts and delays for drivers. For example, trenchless (no-dig) technologies will be used to the greatest extent possible. Learn more about the traffic impacts of this project from Utilities Kingston (<http://www.utilitieskingston.com/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=305>)
- Expect minor traffic delays on MacDonnell, Connaught, and Concession this Saturday from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm. as Utilities Kingston crews work on the Kingston Hydro pole line.
- Expect parking restrictions and sidewalk closures all week on Sydenham Street between Princess and Queen. This is due to downtown electrical work that has been staggered over several months. Learn more at http://www.utilitieskingston.com/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=289
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, communications officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116, or call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.