News & Public Notices
December 4, 2015 -
The streets will not be closed at the same time.
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/residents/transit/service-alerts.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Traffic delays (construction)
- Expect delays on John Counter Boulevard between Princess and Indian as crews complete preliminary work for the bridge embankment. See www.CityofKingston.ca/jcb
- Expect delays on Yonge Street between Hatter and Wolfe while crews complete curbs and the first layer of asphalt.
- Expect delays on Glen Castle Rd. between Henderson and Knightsbridge on Tuesday, Dec. 8 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. while Hydro One crews set up cranes to place hydro poles in back lots.
Road closures (Events)
- King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes on Saturday, Dec. 5 for The Tenors Show.
- Market Street will be closed noon until 10 p.m. as well as King Street from Brock to Clarence from 4 to 10 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 11 for Snow Much Fun in Springer Market Square.
- Expect minor delays on St. Remy Place this Saturday from 7 a.m to 5 p.m. as Utilities Kingston crews replace electricity poles for Kingston Hydro.
- Expect delays eastbound on Bath Road (between Palace Road and Princess Street) as sections will be reduced to one lane at times, while Utilities Kingston installs a gas main. Due to the location of this project, extra precautions are being taken to minimize impacts and delays for drivers. For example, trenchless (no-dig) technologies will be used to the greatest extent possible. Learn more about the traffic impacts of this project from Utilities Kingston (http://www.utilitieskingston.com/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=305).
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, communications officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116, or call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.