Traffic Report - Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
January 22, 2016 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/residents/transit/service-alerts.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Princess Street reconstruction
Starting Monday, Princess Street will be reduced to one lane between Sydenham and Clergy and on-street parking will be reduced to one side of the street.
Princess Street remains closed:
- from Bagot to Montreal until April.
- from Sydenham to Montreal until the end of May.
See www.CityofKingston.ca/Princess for details on the project to rebuild downtown Princess Street.
Kingston Transit riders: please note that a temporary stop for routes 2, 4 and 18 has been set up on the south side of Queen Street at Montreal Street to accommodate bus detours associated with the Princess Street closure. See detour details at www.CityofKingston.ca/residents/transit/service-alerts.
Event road closures
King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes:
- Saturday, Jan. 23 from 2:01 p.m. to Sunday, Jan. 24 at 11:59 p.m. for the bridal show at the Rogers K-Rock Centre.
- Friday, Jan. 29 from 2:01 to Saturday, Jan. 30 at 11:59 p.m. for the Harlem Globetrotters at the Rogers K-Rock Centre.
Upcoming event road closures
- Market Street will be closed from Ontario to King from Thursday, Feb. 4 to Sunday, Feb. 7 for FebFest.
- Clarence Street will be closed from Ontario to Lake Ontario from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 7 for the Kingston Polar Plunge for Special Olympics.
Road reconstruction projects
Work to reconstruct the following roadways is underway:
- Princess Street between Bagot and Clergy
- Montreal Street between Queen and Brock
- Sydenham Street between Queen and Princess
- Clergy Street between Queen and Princess
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.