Traffic Report - Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
April 7, 2016 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/residents/transit/service-alerts.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Princess Street Reconstruction
- Princess Street remains closed from Bagot to Montreal until late April and from Sydenham to Montreal until the end of May.
- NEW: The intersection of Sydenham and Princess streets closes to vehicular traffic starting Monday, April 11 until Wednesday, June 1. Princess Street will be open to two-way traffic between Sydenham and Clergy to facilitate customer parking and deliveries.
- The intersection of Montreal and Princess streets is closed to vehicular traffic until mid-May. Pedestrians can continue to cross here.
- Motorists should expect delays on Princess Street between Sydenham and Clergy while crews complete servicing work.
- Motorists should expect occasional delays at the intersection of Bagot and Princess Streets while crews complete work associated with Princess Street reconstruction project.
Businesses on downtown Princess Street remain open and accessible during this project.
See www.CityofKingston.ca/Princess for details and regular updates on the project to rebuild downtown Princess Street.
Kingston Transit riders: please note that a temporary stop for routes 2, 4 and 18 has been set up on the south side of Queen Street at Montreal Street to accommodate bus detours associated with the Princess Street closure. See detour details at www.CityofKingston.ca/residents/transit/service-alerts.
Wellington and Princess Construction
The construction of the new Scotiabank building at Princess and Wellington streets is set to begin and will affect traffic in this downtown area until the end of September.
- Motorists and pedestrians should expect delays on Princess Street at Wellington on Monday, April 11 and Tuesday, April 12.
- Motorists should expect delays in the northbound parking lane on Wellington Street on Tuesday, April 12. Work to the adjacent sidewalk will also affect pedestrian traffic.
- Wellington Street will be closed between Queen and Princess streets on Wednesday, April 13 and Thursday, April 14. Access to the Angrove Parking Lot will be maintained during this closure.
- The southbound lane of Wellington Street will be closed from Friday, April 14 until the end of September to accommodate construction of the new Scotiabank building at Wellington and Princess streets. Motorists will continue to be able to access the Angrove Parking Lot off Wellington Street.
Businesses on Wellington Street remain open during construction.
Other Construction Road Closures
- The northbound lane of King St. East will be closed between Princess and Queen streets between 7:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 9 and Sunday, April 10 to accommodate gas work by Utilities Kingston. The southbound lane remains open. Motorists can access the parking lot at King and Queen streets via Queen Street.
- Hitchcock Road will be closed from Woodburn to 4th Concession from 1 p.m. on Wednesday, April 13 until 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 16 to accommodate CN repairs to the railway.
- Clarence Street will be closed from Ontario Street to the water from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Wednesday, April 13 to accommodate a large crane that is lifting a new chiller onto the Harbour Place roof.
- Yonge Street will be closed from Wolfe to Forsythe until late May.
- King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes until Sunday, April 10 from 10:01 a.m. to 11:50 p.m. for the KHBA Trade Show.
- King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, April 14 for the Hedley Show
- Earl Street will be closed from Division to University from Sunday, April 10 from 7 a.m. to noon for the Hotel Dieu Annual Charitable Run/Walk Fundraiser.
- Motorists should expect delays on Yonge Street between Union and Johnson until the end of April. Crews are doing servicing work to allow for the continued reconstruction of Yonge Street.
Road Reconstruction Projects
Work to reconstruct the following roadways is underway:
- Princess Street between Bagot and Clergy
- Montreal Street between Queen and Brock
- Sydenham Street between Queen and Princess
- Clergy Street between Queen and Princess