News & Public Notices
April 15, 2016 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/residents/transit/service-alerts.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Princess Street Reconstruction
- Princess Street remains closed from Bagot to Montreal until late April and from Sydenham to Montreal until the end of May.
- The intersection of Sydenham and Princess streets closes to vehicular traffic starting Monday, April 11 until Wednesday, June 1. Princess Street will be open to two-way traffic between Sydenham and Clergy to facilitate customer parking and deliveries.
- The intersection of Montreal and Princess streets is closed to vehicular traffic until mid-May. Pedestrians can continue to cross here.
- Motorists should expect delays on Princess Street between Sydenham and Clergy while crews complete servicing work.
- Motorists should expect occasional delays at the intersection of Bagot and Princess Streets while crews complete work associated with Princess Street reconstruction project.
Businesses on downtown Princess Street remain open and accessible during this project.
See www.CityofKingston.ca/Princess for details and regular updates on the project to rebuild downtown Princess Street.
Kingston Transit riders: please note that a temporary stop for routes 2, 4 and 18 has been set up on the south side of Queen Street at Montreal Street to accommodate bus detours associated with the Princess Street closure. See detour details at www.CityofKingston.ca/residents/transit/service-alerts.
Wellington And Princess Construction
The southbound lane of Wellington Street will be closed from Friday, April 14 until the end of September to accommodate construction of the new Scotiabank building at Wellington and Princess streets. Motorists will continue to be able to access the Angrove Parking Lot off Wellington Street.
Businesses on Wellington Street remain open during construction.
Polson Park Delays/Intermittent Closures
Motorists should expect delays and intermittent street closures in the area of Polson Park on and around Robert Wallace Drive on upcoming Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Utilities Kingston crews (on behalf of Kingston Hydro) are working with Bell Canada to replace hydro poles in the area.
Other Construction Road Closures
- Hitchcock Road will be closed from Woodburn to 4th Concession from 1 p.m. on Wednesday, April 13 until 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 16 to accommodate CN repairs to the railway.
- Yonge Street will be closed from Wolfe to Forsythe until late May.
- King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes on Thursday, April 21 from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. for the Santana show.
- Ontario Street will be closed from Brock to Clarence on Sunday, April 24 from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for the 5K and 21K Races. There will be one-way traffic on the LaSalle Causeway from 9:25 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Motorists should expect delays on Yonge Street between Union and Johnson until the end of April. Crews are doing servicing work to allow for the continued reconstruction of Yonge Street.
- Motorists should expect delays on Bath Road between Gardiners and Days until the end of April while crews install new sidewalks.
- Motorists should expect delays on Midland Avenue between Princess and Cataraqui Woods until the end of April while crews install new sidewalks
Road Reconstruction Projects
Work to reconstruct the following roadways is underway:
- Princess Street between Bagot and Clergy
- Montreal Street between Queen and Brock
- Sydenham Street between Queen and Princess
- Clergy Street between Queen and Princess