News & Public Notices
May 13, 2016 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/residents/transit/service-alerts.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Princess Street Reconstruction
- Princess Street is closed from Sydenham to Montreal until the end of May and from Sydenham to Clergy until July 1.
- The intersection of Sydenham and Princess is closed until early June.
- The intersection of Montreal and Princess is slated to reopen the end of next week.
- The intersection of Clergy and Princess will close early the week of May 23.
- Motorists should expect delays at the intersection of Bagot and Princess while crews complete work.
Businesses on downtown Princess Street remain open and accessible during this project.
See www.CityofKingston.ca/Princess for details and regular updates on the project to rebuild downtown Princess Street.
Kingston Transit riders: please note that a temporary stop for routes 2, 4 and 18 has been set up on the south side of Queen Street at Montreal. See detour details at www.CityofKingston.ca/residents/transit/service-alerts.
Wellington and Princess Construction
The southbound lane of Wellington Street is closed until the end of September to accommodate construction of the new Scotiabank building at Wellington and Princess. Motorists can access the Angrove Parking Lot off Wellington.
Businesses on Wellington Street remain open during construction.
Other Construction Road Closures
- Wellington Street will be closed from Princess to Brock daily from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. from Monday, May 16 to Friday, May 20 to accommodate a crane lifting steel into a building site.
- King Street East will be closed from Place d'Armes to Barrack from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, May 16 to accommodate a crane.
- Yonge Street will be closed from Wolfe to Forsythe until late May.
These streets will be closed:
- King Street from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes on Friday, May 13 at 11:59 p.m. for the Jason Aldean show.
- Clarence Street will be closed from King to Wellington on Friday, May 13 and from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 14. Access to parking for permit-holders and Keg customers will be maintained.
Motorists should expect delays on:
- Highway 15 between Innovation and Gore from Monday, May 9 until Friday, May 20 as Taggart Construction works to connect water and sewer mains to service the new Riverview subdivision.
- Midland Avenue between Princess and Cataraqui Woods until mid-May while crews install new sidewalks
- Princess Street from Midland to Gardiners until mid-May while crews construct a sidewalk.
- Front Road from Country Club to Sunny Acres until the end of the year. Interested in updates on Front Road Bridge construction? See www.CityofKingston.ca/Construction.
Other Delays: Hydro Pole Training
Kingston Hydro will be conducting high voltage training, procedure and techniques along Portsmouth Avenue between Princess and Valleyview from Monday, May 16 to Thursday, May 19. Expect intermittent delays.
Road Reconstruction Projects
Work to reconstruct the following roadways is underway:
- Princess Street between Bagot and Clergy
- Montreal Street between Queen and Brock
- Sydenham Street between Queen and Princess
- Clergy Street between Queen and Princess
- Front Road Bridge
- Yonge Street from Forsythe to Johnson
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.