Traffic Report - Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
April 21, 2017 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
La Salle Causeway Closure
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) has advised the La Salle Causeway tonight, Friday, April 21 at 9:30 p.m. until Monday, April 24 at 6 a.m. Pedestrians and cyclists will have periodic access throughout this time. The closure is required to install mechanical equipment and replace structural components of the bascule bridge. See the full notice at https://www.canada.ca/en/public-services-procurement/news/2017/04/lasalle_causewayweekendclosure.html
Hanson Parking Garage
The Hanson Garage will be closed Sunday, April, 30 at 4 p.m. until Friday, May 19 to accommodate work on the ground levels of the garage and in the vicinity of the entry/exit lanes.
Construction Road Closures
The fixed bridge and swing bridge on Kingston Mills Road is closed until mid-May 2017 to allow Parks Canada to replace the fixed bridge and rehabilitate the swing bridge. Want community updates on this project? Email RideauCanal.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Road Closures
- King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes on April 22 for the Old Dominion Show.
- Wellington Street will be closed from Brock to Princess from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. for a crane to place new HVAC equipment on roof top of 171 Wellington Street.
- Division Street will be closed from William to Earl on Thursday April 27 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. for #ygkPublicWorks crews to remove a tree in front of 80 Division St. There is a rain date set for April 28.
- Mowat Street will be closed from 2 Mowat to the dead end on Saturday April 22 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.to remove the Telecom equipment from the roof.
Motorists and cyclists should expect delays on these roadways due to construction and bridge maintenance:
- Front Road until late August while crews complete repairs to the bridge.
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future.
Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.