News & Public Notices
April 28, 2017 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
The 401 ramps closures have been postponed: For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's (MTO) website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1. However, MTO has advised of the following lane and ramp closures happening on the 401 at Highway 15 next week, weather permitting:
- Monday, May 1: Closure on westbound and eastbound, left lane and left shoulder
- Tuesday, May 2: Closure on eastbound, left lane and left shoulder and potential closure on westbound on ramp, If westbound on ramp is not closed, the westbound left lane and left shoulder will be closed.
- Wednesday, May 3 and Thursday May 4: Ramp closures will be for eastbound off ramp and west bound on ramp.
Hanson Parking Garage
The Hanson Garage will be closed Sunday, April, 30 at 4 p.m. until Friday, May 19 to accommodate work on the ground levels of the garage and in the vicinity of the entry/exit lanes.
Construction Road Closures
- The fixed bridge and swing bridge on Kingston Mills Road is closed until mid-May 2017 to allow Parks Canada to replace the fixed bridge and rehabilitate the swing bridge. Want community updates on this project? Email RideauCanal.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Washburn Road from Highway 15 to Forty Foot Road from 7 a.m. on Monday, May 1 to 5 p.m. on Friday, May 19 to allow Parks Canada to stabilize the abutment at the Lower Brewer swing bridge.
Other Road Closures
- King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes on Friday, April 28 Dean Brody Show.
- Ontario Street from Brock to Johnson on Sunday, April 30 from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. to allow for the Kingston Road Runners 5K and 21K races.
- MacCauley Street will be closed from Daly on Thursday, May 4 to Friday, May 26 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. to allow for water service connection.
Motorists and cyclists should expect delays on these roadways due to road construction and bridge construction
- John Counter Blvd until late September while crews complete the road widening.
- Front Road until late August while crews complete replacement of the bridge.
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future.
Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.