News & Public Notices
May 5, 2017 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Construction Road Closures
- The fixed bridge and swing bridge on Kingston Mills Road is closed until mid-May 2017 to allow Parks Canada to replace the fixed bridge and rehabilitate the swing bridge. Want community updates on this project? Email RideauCanal.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hickson Avenue (at Hagerman Street) and Montreal Street (at the intersection of Rideau and Railway Streets) will be closed on Thursday May 11. Crews for Utilities Kingston will restore the road after the completion North End Outlet Trunk Sewer relining.
- Expect lane closures and lane reductions on Division Street (from Concession to Princess) and Chatham Street into June. Utilities Kingston crews will conduct pole line work on behalf of Kingston Hydro.
Other Road Closures
- Arch Street will be closed from Union to Stuart on Saturday, May 6 from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the replacement of roof top units for Queens University.
- MacCauley Street will be closed from Daly St. to the end of road until 5 p.m. on Friday, May 26 5:00 for a water service connection.
- Ontario Street will be closed from Gore to King and Lower Union on Sunday May 7 10:55 am to 12:15 pm to allow for a ceremony of remembrance and wreath laying at the cenotaph in Navy Memorial Park.
- King Street will be closed from Clarence to Brock and Brock Street from Ontario to King on Friday, May 12 from 6 to 11 p.m. for the Sam Roberts Band Concert in the Square.
- Market Street also will be closed between Ontario and King from Thursday, May 11 from 8 a.m. to Saturday, May 13 to 8 a.m. for the stage set-up, concert and tear down.
Motorists and cyclists should expect delays on these roadways due to road construction and bridge construction:
- John Counter Blvd until late September while crews complete the road widening.
- Front Road until late August while crews complete replacement of the bridge.
- Division Street from Union to Earl until late May while crews prepare this area for construction.
Centennial Drive is down to one lane between Cataraqui Woods to Atkinson until Friday, May 12 while crews for a local development do watermain taps.
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future.
Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.