News & Public Notices
March 28, 2014 -
Below is a list of traffic delays and road closures that will impact traffic flow in the coming week.
The intersection of Princess St. and MacDonnell St. will be closed beginning April 7 until the end of April as part of the Williamsville Reconstruction project. For more information see www.cityofkingston.ca/Williamsville.
Barbara St. will experience delays from Division St. to Alfred Cres. beginning March 31 until mid-April while crews do preliminary work for the reconstruction.
George St. will experience delays from Stuart St. to King St. beginning April 1 until mid-April while crews conduct pre engineering work.
Palace Rd. will experience delays from Bath Rd. to Park St. beginning March 31 until mid-April while crews complete preliminary work for Palace Rd. reconstruction.
Princess St. will experience delays between Bath Rd. and Regent St. until the end of March while Bell Canada upgrades infrastructure in advance of the Williamsville reconstruction project.
Princess St. will also experience delays between Drayton Ave. and Macdonnell St. until mid-April while crews do preliminary work for the Williamsville reconstruction.
The following streets will be closed to accommodate set-up, filming and tear-down of the Haunted Peak Production:
- Market Street will be closed between Ontario St. and King St. beginning Monday, April 7 from 6:00 a.m. to Tuesday, April 15 at 11:00 p.m.
- King Street will be closed between Brock St. and Earl St. beginning Saturday, April 12 from 6:00 a.m. to Tuesday, April 15 at 11:00 p.m.
King Street will be closed between The Tragically Hip Way and Place D'Armes to accommodate the following events at Rogers K-Rock Centre:
- Wednesday, Apr. 2 and Thursday, April 3 for the Harlem Globe Trotters
- Friday, Apr. 4 and Saturday, April 5 for R5 and the Disney Show
Market Street will be closed on Mar. 29 from 5 to 10:30 p.m. for the Kingston Earth Hour Concert.
This event has been cancelled: The following streets will be closed on Saturday, Mar. 29 from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the Queen's Cycling Race:
- University Avenue (between Union Street West and William Street)
- William Street (between University Avenue and Aberdeen Street)
- Aberdeen Street (between William Street and Earl Street)
- Earl Street( between University Avenue and Division Street)
- Division Street (between Earl Street and Union Street West)
- Union Street West (between Division Street and University Street, half of the road needed)
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, ext. 3116 (cell 613-329-3462). Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.
Connect to your City.
Twitter: follow @CityofKingston
Facebook: Like us at www.facebook.com/TheCityofKingston
Information Radio: 106.3 FM