News & Public Notices
Traffic to be affected by Wellington Street closure
April 7, 2016 -
The construction of the new Scotiabank building at Princess and Wellington streets is set to begin and will affect traffic in this downtown area until the end of September.
Expect Delays Starting Tomorrow
- Tomorrow, crews will be working in the parking lane on Princess Street at Wellington and motorists should expect delays.
- On Monday, April 11 and Tuesday, April 12, motorists and pedestrians should expect delays on Princess Street at Wellington.
- Tuesday, April 12 motorists should expect delays in the northbound parking lane on Wellington Street. As well, work on the adjacent sidewalk will affect pedestrian traffic.
Street/Lane Closures Next Week
- On Wednesday, April 13 and Thursday, April 14 Wellington Street will be closed to vehicular traffic between Queen and Princess streets. Motorists will be able to access the Angrove Parking Lot during this closure.
- Starting Friday, April 14, the southbound lane of Wellington Street will close until the end of September. Motorists will continue to be able to access the Angrove Parking Lot off Wellington Street.
Businesses on Wellington Street remain open during construction.
Plan your bus trip with Google Transit: www.kingstontransit.ca/tripplanner
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future. Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.