Travelling through Kingston Airport this holiday season? Here's what you need to know. - Travelling through Kingston Airport this holiday season? Here's what you need to know.
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Travelling through Kingston Airport this holiday season? Here's what you need to know.
December 18, 2018 -
Flying out of Kingston Airport (YGK) this holiday season? To ensure your travel goes smoothly, we've prepared this list of tips to help get you where you're going.
One week before departure:
- Confirm your flight reservation, including time and date.
- Ensure you're aware of any luggage restrictions and fees for your flight.
- Decide how you will get to the airport. Whether you're hitching a ride with a friend or family member, or taking a taxi, plan ahead.
A couple days before departure:
- Remember that liquids in carry-on are restricted to containers of 100 mL or less and all containers must fit into one standard sandwich-sized baggie.
- Check guidelines on restricted items enforced by the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority at catsa.gc.ca.
- Don't wrap your gifts as security may need to examine them! If you're online shopping this holiday season, consider having parcels delivered to your destination.
On the day of departure:
- Allow yourself enough time. Air Canada recommends passengers arrive at least 90 minutes before their flight. For more information, please consult Air Canada's check in and boarding.
- Check the weather and then check your flight's status to ensure it hasn't been delayed or cancelled.
- If you're bringing electronics, charge them before you arrive. Outlets are currently limited at YGK, due to ongoing construction on the terminal.
At the airport:
- If you're driving to YGK, be sure you know where you'll park or drop-off passengers. For parking rates, please visit our passenger information page.
- Due to ongoing construction on the terminal, seating may be limited. We apologize in advance for this and will do our best to ensure customers comfort while travelling.
- Have a safe and happy holiday season!