Friday Traffic Report - Jan. 10 to 17 - Friday Traffic Report - Jan. 10 to 17
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Friday Traffic Report - Jan. 10 to 17
January 10, 2020 -
Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians: review the listing of streets and related messages below for travel information of interest to you.
Traffic and pedestrian impacts this week:
Frontenac Street – Jenkins to Princess – closed until June 27 to allow for framing, masonry and interior work for 501 Frontenac St.
Liddell Crescent – east of Richardson – closed until approx. 7 p.m. on Jan. 15 to allow Utilities Kingston to make emergency repairs to a watermain.*
- Highway 401 – at Highway 38/Gardiners Road – expect lane closures on the 401 until November 2020 and delays of up to 10 minutes nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. on the westbound 401. Ontario highway updates are offered by the Ministry of Transportation.
- Jackson Mills Road – Bur Brook Road to 400m south (near the K&P Trail) – reduced to one lane for roadside safety improvements. Both directions remain open.
- John Counter Boulevard – Princess to Indian – expect increased delays until the summer of 2021 while crews construct a new four-lane road and rail overpass. Using an alternate route is recommended. MOTORISTS: Don’t get stopped on the tracks! Ensure there is enough space on the opposite side before crossing.
- Leroy Grant Drive – expect minor delays until mid-January as a contractor replaces a gas main on behalf of Utilities Kingston.
- Johnson Street at Sydenham Street - expect delays on Tues, Jan. 14 due to lane restrictions as a contractor conducts sewer repairs on behalf of Utilities Kingston.
Sidewalks and pedestrian pathways
John Counter Boulevard – Montreal Street to apartments – A new pedestrian sidewalk has been installed north of John Counter Boulevard to provide access to/from Riverpark neighbourhood and the Skyline Living apartments. It will be in place until new permanent sidewalks are created as part of the Third Crossing project (anticipating 2023). Please observe the posted signage and use the new sidewalk and do not walk along or cross John Counter Boulevard.
Johnson Street - The sidewalk on the south side of Johnson will be closed to pedestrian traffic on Tues, Jan. 14 due to lane restrictions as a contractor conducts sewer repairs on behalf of Utilities Kingston. Please use alternate sidewalks
Traffic-related links and messages:
- Kingston Transit detours: www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
- Daily updates: Follow @CityofKingston on Twitter – https://twitter.com/cityofkingston.
- Ministry of Transportation updates – For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit www.Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- City’s infrastructure program: www.CityofKingston.ca/Construction.