Updated: Friday Traffic Report - Updated: Friday Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Updated: Friday Traffic Report
August 16, 2013 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.cityofkingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
John Counter Boulevard
Expect delays on John Counter Boulevard between Division Street and Aberfoyle Road, including the intersection of Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard until mid-August while crews complete finishing touches.
Princess Street Reconstruction
- Expect delays on Princess Street between Bagot and King until late August while crews complete finishings.
- Bagot Street will be closed between Queen and Princess until late August. The intersection of Princess and Bagot will remain open.
- Bagot Street will also be closed between Princess and Brock until late August. The intersection of Brock and Bagot will remain open.
Other Road Closures
- Division Street (Perth Road) will experience minimal delays at the intersection of MacAdoo's Lane beginning Monday, August 19 until mid-September while crews from the Ministry of Transportation install new traffic signals.
- Division Street will be closed from Hamilton to Raglan beginning Monday, August 19 until mid-September.
- Chelsea Road will be closed from Hyde to Belmont beginning Monday, August 19 until mid-September.
- Chelsea Road will be closed from Haverhill Dr. (S) to Hyde St. until mid-August.
- Kirkpatrick Street will be closed between Kingscourt and Brant until late September.
- Division Street will be closed from York St. to Hamilton St. until mid-August.
Other Traffic Delays
- Bath Road eastbound will experience delays between Queen Mary and Portsmouth beginning Monday, August 12 until the end of August while crews install bus pads.
- Bath Road westbound will experience delays between Centennial and Armstrong beginning Monday, August 12 until the end of August while crews install bus pads.
- Montreal Street will experience delays from John Counter Blvd. to the 401 overpass until mid-September while crews micro surface the roadway.
- Princess Street will experience delays between Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd and Mooallim Place until late August while crews install sidewalks.
- Princess Street will experience delays at the Collins Bay/ Cataraqui Woods intersection until late August while crews construct an intersection and traffic signals.
- Bayridge Drive will experience delays between Cedarwood and Peachwood until late August while crews install infrastructure for the Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
- Market Street will be closed between Ontario and King, and King Street will be closed between Clarence and Brock on Friday, August 16 at 6 a.m. until Saturday, August 17 at 1 a.m. for the Trews Rock in the Square concert.
- King Street will be closed between Barrack and Place d'Armes on Tuesday, August 27 to install signage for Rogers K-Rock Centre.
The following closures will accommodate the Limestone City Blues Festival:
- Ontario Street from Brock to Market on Thursday, August 22 from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
- Princess Street from Division to Barrie on Friday, August 23 from 4:45 p.m. to midnight
- Brock Street from Ontario to Wellington on Saturday, August 24 from 4:30 p.m. to midnight
- King Street from Brock to Princess on Saturday August 24 from 4:30 p.m. to midnight
- Market Street from Ontario to King on Saturday, August 24 from 6 a.m. to midnight
- King Street from Clarence Street to Brock Street on Saturday, August 24 from 11:30 a.m. to midnight
Bookmark this site for the latest Kingston Transit bus detours www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
– 30 –
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, extension 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext 2300.
Connect to your City.