News & Public Notices
Victoria Day holiday to affect City and Utilities Kingston schedules
May 13, 2019 -
City of Kingston and Utilities Kingston schedules will change due to the Victoria Day holiday.
Residents are reminded that they may put out two untagged bags of garbage for the collection week following Victoria Day.
This Sunday, family-friendly activities – and 9:30 p.m. fireworks – are planned at Lake Ontario Park, 920 King St. West. Find the full line-up of performers and activities, starting at 1 p.m., at www.CityofKingston.ca/FeatureEvents. Plan to get to Sunday's festivities on Kingston Transit, or park at St. Lawrence College or Centre 70 and take the free shuttle. Only accessible parking will be available at Lake Ontario Park.
City and Utilities Kingston Holiday Schedules
- Garbage, green bin and recycling: You may put out two untagged bags of garbage for your first collection day after Victoria Day. There is no collection on Monday. Collection occurs the day after your regular collection day. Sign-up to receive collection reminders by phone, text or email at www.CityofKingston.ca/collection.
- Kingston Transit: Bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule on Monday (route 18 will run on a weekday schedule). Kingston Transit reminds families that kids 14 and under ride FREE every day. Plan your family bus trip with Google Transit: www.kingstontransit.ca/tripplanner.
- Kingston Access Services: Operates with limited service Monday. Call 613-542-2512 for information.
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre: Closed Monday.
- Administrative Offices (including housing and social services on Montreal Street and Provincial Offences): Closed Monday.
- Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed Monday. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call the Utilities Kingston 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. Hydro One electricity customers in the city's west and east ends should call 1-800-434-1235. Union Gas customers can call 1-877-969-0999. Remember: prices are off-peak for electricity used on weekends and holidays like Victoria Day.
- Arenas, Artillery Park Aquatic Centre, Rideau Heights Community Centre & Library, INVISTA Centre (including Fitness & Wellness Centre) and CaraCo Home Field: Closed Monday.
- Libraries: All branches of the Kingston Frontenac Public Library are closed on Monday.
- Portsmouth Olympic Harbour: Closed Monday.
- Grand Theatre Box Office: Closed Monday.
- MacLachlan Woodworking Museum and PumpHouse Museum: Closed Monday.
- Tett Centre: Closed Monday.
Kingston Fire & Rescue reminds residents to follow the fireworks safety guidelines at: www.CityofKingston.ca/Fire .