News & Public Notices
Watch Game 5 of the 2019 NBA Finals at Leon’s Centre
June 10, 2019 –
Bring your lucky Toronto Raptors jersey to the broadcast of Game 5 of the NBA Finals, taking place this evening at the Leon's Centre, 1 The Tragically Hip Way.
Game 5 sees the Golden State Warriors take on the Toronto Raptors with tip off at 9 p.m. Residents can enter through Gate 4, beginning at 7 p.m.
"We are thrilled to bring Game 5 to the Leon's Centre," says Jaclyn Grimmon, manager, recreation programs. "We have been monitoring tonight's weather forecast, and opted to move the broadcast event indoors so that basketball fans can still watch and celebrate together."
Residents are encouraged to dress in their favourite Raptors gear to cheer on the team to what could be a historic win for the NBA franchise. Air Canada, the preferred airline of the Toronto Raptors, will be at the event with a special surprise for one lucky fan.
Downtown Kingston is collecting non-perishable food items on behalf of local food banks – fans are encouraged to bring items for donation.
Plan your evening:
- Residents should enter through Gate 4. Doors will open at 7 p.m.
- The venue floor will be available - bring your own lawn chair. Limited seating is also available in the bowl of the Leon's Centre.
- Residents are reminded that the Leon's Centre is a smoke-free space.
- Concessions will be open.
- Outside alcohol is not permitted.
- The broadcast will be closed captioned.
How to get to Leon's Centre:
- Plan your trip with Kingston Transit, which will be running on its regular weekday schedules. Youth 14 and under travel for free with Kingston Transit. See KingstonTransit.ca for route information.
- Driving to Leon's Centre? Plan to carpool, and check available surface parking lots at CityofKingston.ca/Parking • Dropbike, the City's bike-share partner, has bicycle havens in the downtown core. Download the Drop Mobility app to begin your ride.
Driven by resident enthusiasm, the broadcast of the 2019 NBA Finals in Springer Market Square kicked off on May 31. Approximately 1,000 fans have attended each of the broadcast events.
The broadcast of the 2019 NBA Finals is presented by The City of Kingston, in partnership with COGECO and YOURTV, Tourism Kingston, Downtown Kingston and the Leon's Centre.
Details of Game 6 (if needed) will be shared closer to game time. Follow the City's website for updates: https://www.cityofkingston.ca/explore/nba-finals