News & Public Notices
Watch Victoria Day fireworks at Lake Ontario Park
May 10, 2016 -
Plan to be at Lake Ontario Park at 9 p.m. on Victoria Day Monday to catch the fireworks.
"Holidays are a time to bring the family together and enjoy all that our great city has to offer," says Mayor Bryan Paterson. "I invite all Kingstonians to join me and my family at beautiful Lake Ontario Park this Victoria Day for a full day free activities and entertainment."
He reminds residents that they may put out two untagged bags of garbage for the collection week following Victoria Day.
Find the City's and Utilities Kingston's holiday schedule changes below the Victoria Day celebrations for Lake Ontario Park.
Victoria Day Celebrations at Lake Ontario Park
The City is offering programming from 1 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Victoria Day at Lake Ontario Park, 920 King St. W. including:
- Free live entertainment – see www.CityofKingston.ca/events for the full line-up.
- Splash pad
- Food trucks (11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.)
- Martello Alley Artists with a variety of craft activities (until 5 p.m.)
- Face painting and balloon twisting (until 5 p.m.)
- Inflatable games and castle maze (until 7 p.m.)
- Dog Lover Days canine lure course (until 7 p.m.). Bring your dog (on a leash, please) and give it a try ($5 per dog)
- Fireworks (9:30 p.m.)
Please note that overflow parking will be available at St. Lawrence College.
City and Utilities Kingston Holiday Schedules
- Garbage, green bin and recycling: You may put out two untagged bags of garbage for your first collection day after Victoria Day. There is no collection on Monday. Monday's collection moves to Tuesday, and for the rest of the week, collection occurs the day after your regular collection day. Sign-up to receive collection reminders by phone, text or email at www.CityofKingston.ca/collection.
- Kingston Transit: All buses – except Route 18 – will run on a Sunday schedule on Monday. Route 18 runs on a regular weekday service to accommodate train station passengers.
- Kingston Access Services: Operates with limited service Monday. Call 613-542-2512 for information.
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre: Closed Monday.
- Administrative Offices (including housing and social services on Montreal Street and Provincial Offences): Closed Monday.
- Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed Monday. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call the Utilities Kingston 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. Hydro One electricity customers in the city's west and east ends should call 1-800-434-1235. Union Gas customers can call 1-877-969-0999. Remember: prices are off-peak for electricity used on weekends and holidays like Victoria Day.
- Arenas, Artillery Park Aquatic Centre, INVISTA Centre (including Fitness & Wellness Centre) and CaraCo Home Field: Closed Monday.
- Libraries: All branches of the Kingston Frontenac Public Library are closed on Monday.
- Portsmouth Olympic Harbour: Closed Monday.
- Grand Theatre Box Office: Closed Monday.
- MacLachlan Woodworking Museum and Pump House Steam Museum: Closed Monday.
Kingston Fire & Rescue reminds residents to follow the fireworks safety guidelines at: www.CityofKingston.ca/fire About the City of Kingston The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future. Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.