Watch Victoria Day fireworks at Lake Ontario Park - Watch Victoria Day fireworks at Lake Ontario Park
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Watch Victoria Day fireworks at Lake Ontario Park
May 11, 2015 -
Plan to be in Lake Ontario Park at 9 p.m. on Victoria Day Monday to catch the fireworks.
"We are excited to have free family-oriented Victoria Day programming at Lake Ontario Park again this year," said Mayor Bryan Paterson. "I encourage Kingstonians to pack a picnic, enjoy the beautiful park, participate in free programming and live entertainment throughout the day, and of course the fireworks finale is not to be missed!" He reminds residents that they may put out two untagged bags of garbage for the collection week following Victoria Day.
Find the City and Utilities Kingston's holiday schedule changes below the Victoria Day celebrations for Lake Ontario Park.
Victoria Day celebrations at Lake Ontario Park
The City is offering programming from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Victoria Day at Lake Ontario Park, 920 King St. W. including:
- FREE family-friendly fun and games
- The splash pad will be open
- Street food Eat and Greet food trucks
- 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. – Dog Lover Days and Canadian Canine Lure Course. Bring your dog to jump over tubes and run through hoops. $5 per dog. Dogs must be on leash, and please stoop and scoop after your canine.
- 1 to 7 p.m. – Pan Am Games Community Tour booth, inflatable games and face-painting
- 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. – Live entertainment featuring Roger James, Andy Forgie, Gary Rasberry and the Woodshed Orchestra, the Bon Evans Band, The Stares and the Big Phat Horn Band.
- 9 p.m. – Spectacular fireworks with a musical tribute to the British Invasion!
Please note that overflow parking will be available at St. Lawrence College.
City and Utilities Kingston holiday schedules
- Garbage, green bin and recycling: You may put out two untagged bags of garbage next week. There is no collection on Monday. Monday's collection moves to Tuesday, and for the rest of the week, collection occurs the day after your regular collection day. Sign-up to receive collection reminders by phone, text or email at www.CityofKingston.ca/collection.
- Kingston Transit: All buses – except Route 18 – will run on a Sunday schedule on Monday. Route 18 runs on a regular weekday service to accommodate train station passengers.
- Kingston Access Services: Operates with limited service Monday. Call 613-542-2512 for information.
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre: Closed Monday.
- Administrative Offices (including housing and social services on Montreal Street and Provincial Offences): Closed Monday.
- Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed Monday. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call the Utilities Kingston 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. Hydro One electricity customers in the city's west and east ends should call 1-800-434-1235. Union Gas customers can call 1-877-969-0999.
- Arenas, Artillery Park Aquatic Centre, INVISTA Centre (including Fitness & Wellness Centre) and CaraCo Home Field: Closed Monday.
- Libraries: All branches of the Kingston Frontenac Public Library are closed on Monday.
- Portsmouth Olympic Harbour: Closed Monday.
- Grand Theatre Box Office: Closed Monday.
- MacLachlan Woodworking Museum and Pump House Steam Museum: Closed Monday.
Kingston Fire & Rescue reminds residents to follow the fireworks safety guidelines at: www.CityofKingston.ca/fire
Plan your bus trip with Google Transit: www.kingstontransit.ca/tripplanner
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 120,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. In 2014, it was named a Top 7 Smart Community by the Intelligent Community Forum. Our vision – to become Canada's most sustainable city – focusses our efforts on: environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality. Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, communications officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116, or call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 230