Image - Business Large
Content - Business
Whether you are planning to build a deck or build a business empire, the links at left and below can help you conduct your business with the City.
The City is committed to creating a high quality of life for residents by fostering opportunities to support social development, create jobs and build prosperity. With a focus on innovation, Kingston will engage young people, entrepreneurs, innovators, artists and creative citizens in facilitating economic growth.
Open for business
The City's 2019-2022 Corporate Strategic Plan outlines plans for strengthening economic development opportunities in Kingston by:
- Supporting new and existing businesses.
- Fostering innovative arts, culture and social enterprises.
- Creating innovation hubs that build on our local strengths in partnership with others.
- Enabling the establishment of a St. Lawrence College downtown campus.
- Facilitating a deep water dock for cruise ships.
- Exploring the feasibility of establishing rural business parks and associated services.
- Investing in innovative workforce development and in-migration strategies.
Shoot a movie in our hometown!
Producers are discovering Kingston's heritage buildings, variety of scenic settings – and fantastic restaurants and hotels – make it a great place to shoot a movie or TV show.
Visit Tourism Kingston's Film Office set up to support filmmakers seeking locations and hospitality in Kingston. The Film Office helps coordinate the permits needed for filming on City property and offers contact information for a number of Kingston sites. See a list of the movies that have filmed in Kingston, pictures of possible filming locations and download the Film Permit application from the Film office webpage.