Lifeguards & Swim Instructors
Aquatic positions now hiring!
Become a lifeguard/swim instructor with the City of Kingston. As a lifeguard or swim instructor, you will be part of a team, meet new people, make money, challenge yourself and have fun!
The City operates two indoor pools at the Artillery Park Aquatic Centre and an outdoor water park at Tomlinson Aqua Park. The City's aquatic facilities operate from early morning to late evening, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year (Tomlinson Aqua Park is open from June until the beginning of September).
Whether you're a student, stay-at-home parent or an adult looking for part-time hours, the City offers the flexibility to work around your schedule at one or both of our pools. Part-time staff can work up to 24 hours per week. Choose from early, daytime or evening shifts.
Shifts range from:
- Early morning: 5:45 to 9 a.m.
- Daytime: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Evening: 4 to 9:30 p.m.
Student positions are open year round; career positions are posted early spring and fall.
How do I become a lifeguard or swim instructor?
- Bronze Star
- Bronze Medallion with Emergency First Aid and CPR-B
- Bronze Cross with Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- National Lifeguard
- Assistant Instructor (recommended)
- Swim and Lifesaving Instructor
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- Lifesaving Society Instructor