Notice - Committee Recruitment - general basis 11496886
Content - City Hall - Committees Boards - Apply
Are you interested in how the City works — or would you like to see a particular problem or issue addressed by Kingston City council or City staff?
You may have the drive and interest and experience to sit on one of the City's appointed bodies. In fact, your City may need the benefit of your informed opinion in order to work as well as possible. Please review the qualifications and exceptions listed below before filling out the application form.
Committee and board appointments are generally made in the fall. However, volunteers interested in serving on a particular committee or board may express their interest year-round by submitting an application. The application will be kept on file and reviewed by the Nominations Committee should a position open up on the committee or board of interest.
To be eligible to serve on most committees or boards:
- You must be 18 years of age or older;
You must reside in the municipality, or be an owner, tenant of land (or spouse of same) for the duration of your term; and be one of the following:
- Canadian Citizen, or
- Permanent Resident, a person who has been given permanent resident status by immigrating to Canada but is not a Canadian Citizen, and has resided in Kingston for at least one year.
- All applications are forwarded to the Nominations Advisory Committee.
- The Nominations Advisory Committee considers all applications and submits recommendations to City Council.
- City Council approves or alters recommendations.
- Applicants approved by City Council will be contacted directly by City staff.
Form - City Hall - Committee - Recruitment