Heritage Kingston Review Working Group
The Heritage Kingston Review Working Group's role is to undertake a review of the composition, mandate and procedures of Heritage Kingston. This will be anticipated to include:
- Consultation with cultural heritage stakeholders, which can include public meetings, surveys and personal interviews with previous members of Heritage Kingston;
- A review of the previously completed work, findings and recommendations of the Heritage Kingston Transition Team completed and approved by Council in 2016;
The Heritage Kingston Review Working Group will act within the legal advisement of the City of Kingston Legal Counsel in the interpretation and application of legislative and statutory guidelines related to the mandate of Heritage Kingston. The activity of the Heritage Kingston Review Working Group will be reported to Heritage Kingston through circulation of meeting notes. The findings of the Heritage Kingston Review Working Group will be submitted to Council for consideration through a staff report.
- Two representatives with experience in built heritage from current or previous municipal heritage committees;
- One representative with general cultural heritage interests;
- One representative with experience in museums and/or collections;
- One representative from the Indigenous community;
- One representative from the general public;
- The Director of Planning, Building & Licensing Services, or a designated heritage staff member; and
- The Cultural Director or a designated cultural staff member.
Are you interested in how the City works - or would you like to see a particular problem or issue addressed by Kingston City council or City staff?
You may have the drive and interest and experience to sit on one of the City's appointed bodies. In fact, your City may need the benefit of your informed opinion in order to work as well as possible. Please review the qualifications and exceptions listed below before filling out the application form.
Committee and board appointments are generally made in the fall. However, volunteers interested in serving on a particular committee or board may express their interest year-round by submitting an application. The application will be kept on file and reviewed by the Nominations Committee should a position open up on the committee or board of interest.