Mayor's Task Force on Housing Committee
The Mayor's Task Force on Housing will provide evidence-informed and action-oriented observations and recommendations to Kingston City Council in order to increase the supply of a diverse range of housing for all residents in the City of Kingston.
It will present a coordinated and practical set of recommendations designed to guide Council as it makes decisions to address Kingston's housing supply. It will rely on:
- Local experience and knowledge obtained through a community-wide collaborative process with key partners,
- Relevant policies and studies such as the Population, Housing & Employment Projections Study and the Official Plan,
- An analysis of the economics of building both market rate and affordable housing in Kingston, commissioned by the Task Force and conducted by a third party expert.
- The application of best practices and principles from other cities.
- Councillor Mary Rita Holland; Co-Chair
- Councillor Bridget Doherty
- Ted Hsu; Co-Chair
- Mike Cavanaugh, Queen's University Alma Mater Society
- Gennaro DiSanto, CaraCo
- Donna Janiec, Queen's University
- Tara Kainer, Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul
- Kieran Moore, KFL&A Public Health
- Francine Moore, Homestead Land Holdings
- Beth Pater
- Robert Rittwage, Tipi Moza (Iron Homes)
- Martin Skolnick, Cushman Wakefield