The following important dates apply to the 2017 Municipal Byelection
Monday, Feb. 13, 2017
- Nomination and Campaign Period commences.
- Revision Period commences (February 13 – May 15)
- Posting of Preliminary List.
Friday, Mar. 31, 2017
- Nomination Day (9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
- Withdrawal of Nominations before 2:00 p.m.
- Deadline for application to remove another elector's name from the voter's list (March 21 – 31, 2017).
- Election Signs are permitted to be placed after 2:00 p.m.
Monday, Apr. 3, 2017
- Certification of nomination forms before 4:00 p.m.
- Acclamations after 4:00 p.m. Proxy Vote
- Certificates - commence to issue (April 3 – May 15, 2017)
Friday, Apr. 7, 2017
- Issue Certificate of Maximum Campaign Spending Limits to candidates.
- The Clerk shall prepare an interim list of changes made to the preliminary voters' list and give a copy to each certified candidate.
Saturday, May 6, 2017
- Advance Voting - 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Internet Voting - commences at 10:00 a.m.
Monday, May 15, 2017
- Voting Day - voting places open at 10:00 a.m. and close at 8:00 p.m.
- Internet Voting - closes at 8:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 18, 2017
- Official Results: The Clerk will publically declare the elected candidates
Thursday June 29, 2017
- Notification to the Clerk of a Deficit and Continuation of Campaign Period.
- The campaign period automatically ends 45 days after voting day in the case of a by-election. If a candidate expects to have deficit as of June 29, 2017, and wishes to continue fundraising to eliminate the deficit, the candidate must notify the Clerk in the prescribed form on or before that day.
Friday, Oct. 13, 2017
- Deadline for filing financial statements. Statements must be received by 2:00 p.m.