Friday Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Friday Traffic Report
August 23, 2013 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week; including notice from Public Works & Government Services Canada (PWGSC) for overnight closures of the La Salle Causeway.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.cityofkingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Princess Street Reconstruction
- Princess Street will be closed between Montreal and Wellington on Wednesday, Aug. 28 for one day only. The intersection at Princess and Wellington will remain open.
- Expect delays on Princess Street between Bagot and King until late August while crews complete finishings.
- Bagot Street will be closed between Queen and Princess until late August. The intersection of Princess and Bagot will remain open.
- Bagot Street will also be closed between Princess and Brock until late August. The intersection of Brock and Bagot will remain open.
Other Road Closures
- Division Street (Perth Road) will experience minimal delays at the intersection of MacAdoo's Lane until mid-September while crews from the Ministry of Transportation install new traffic signals.
- Division Street will be closed from Hamilton to Raglan until mid-September.
- Chelsea Road will be closed from Hyde to Belmont until mid-September.
- Kirkpatrick Street will be closed between Kingscourt and Brant until late September.
Other Traffic Delays
- Expect delays on Glengarry beginning August 26 until late September
- Expect delays on Taylor Kidd Boulevard at Bayridge Drive beginning August 26 until mid-October
- Expect delays on Bayridge Drive from Winford Place to Princess Street beginning August 26 until mid-October
- Bath Road westbound will experience delays between Centennial and Armstrong until the end of August while crews install bus pads.
- Princess Street will experience delays between Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard and Mooallim Place until late August while crews install sidewalks.
- Expect delays on Princess Street at the Collins Bay - Cataraqui Woods Drive intersection until late August while crews construct intersection and traffic signals.
- Bayridge Drive will experience delays between Cedarwood and Peachwood until late August while crews install infrastructure for the Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
La Salle Causeway
Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) wishes to advise motorists of overnight closures on the La Salle Causeway beginning Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2013. The Causeway will remain open to pedestrians and emergency vehicles; marine traffic will not be affected.
The following are scheduled closure dates and times starting at midnight:
- Tuesday, Sept. 3 - 12:01 a.m. to 6 a.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 4 - 12:01 a.m. to 6 a.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 5 - 12:01 a.m. to 6 a.m.
- Friday, Sept. 6 - 12:01 a.m. to 6 a.m.
These closures are required to accommodate a series of precise measurements of the lift bridge in various lift positions. Four additional rounds of measurements will be conducted over the next several months and will be announced in advance. The schedule may change due to inclement weather or logistical requirements.
Safety is a top priority for PWGSC and are committed to ensuring the continued integrity of the bridges they manage. PWGSC apologize for any inconvenience these closures may cause and thank everyone for their understanding.
King Street will be closed between Barrack and Place d'Armes on Tuesday, Aug. 27 for the Vince Gill Show
King Street will be closed from Barrack to Place D'Armes on September 4 for the Kingston Frontenacs Suite and Club Seat Holder Appreciation
The following closures will accommodate the Limestone City Blues Festival:
- Princess Street from Division to Barrie on Friday, Aug. 23 from 4:45 p.m. to midnight
- Brock Street from Ontario to Wellington on Saturday, Aug. 24 from 4:30 p.m. to midnight
- King Street from Brock to Princess on Saturday, Aug. 24 from 4:30 p.m. to midnight
- Market Street from Ontario to King on Saturday, Aug. 24 from 6:00 a.m. to midnight
- King Street from Clarence Street to Brock Street on Saturday, Aug. 24 from 11:30 a.m. to midnight
Queen's University Events:
- Residence Move-In Day - Sunday, Sept. 1 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- Collingwood Street from King to Union– will be one-way northbound.
- Lower Albert Street from Union to King.–will be one-way southbound.
- St. Lawrence Avenue from Stuart to King– will be one-way southbound.
- Bader Lane from University to Lower Albert – will be one-way westbound.
- Queen's Crescent from Lower Albert to Collingwood – will be one-way westbound.
- Stuart Street from University to Lower Albert– will be one-way westbound
- University Avenue will be closed from Stuart Street to Union Street for the Annual Sidewalk Sale on Thursday, Sept. 5 from 3:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Albert Street will be closed from Brock to Mack for the Annual Charitable Car Wash "Shine Day" on Saturday, Sept. 7 from noon until 5 p.m.
- Cummins Road will be closed from Wilton Road to the end of Cummins Road on Saturday, Sept. 7 from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Livingston Avenue will be closed from Union to King and Davidson Street will be closed from Ellerbeck to Pembroke for the Livingston/Davidson Street Festival on Saturday, Sept. 7 from 1 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Bookmark this site for the latest Kingston Transit bus detours www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
– 30 –
Media contact: For more information call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.
Connect to your City.