Friday Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Friday Traffic Report
May 16, 2014 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week including an advisory from Public Works and Government Services Canada regarding a closure on the La Salle Causeway.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.cityofkingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
- Princess St. is closed from Macdonnell St. to Tower St. until late June as part of the Williamsville reconstruction project.
- Princess Street will also experience delays from Concession St. to Tower St. until early June while crews complete the preliminary work for the next phase of the Williamsville reconstruction project.
- Businesses and medical offices remain open and accessible. For more information see www.cityofkingston.ca/Williamsville.
Other Road Closures
- Barbara Ave. is closed from Division St. to Alfred Cres. until early July.
- Palace Rd. is closed from Brock St. Carruthers Ave until early July.
Other Traffic Delays
- Day Rd. will experience delays from Front Rd. to Bath Rd. beginning May 8 until May 10 while crews seal cracks in the road surface.
- Bath Rd. will experience delays from Centennial Dr. to Vista Dr. until May 21 while crews seal cracks in the road surface.
- Montreal St. will experience delays from Cassidy St. to Railway St. beginning May 17 until May 24 while crews seal cracks in the road surface.
- Palace Rd. will experience delays from Johnson St. to Brock St. until mid-June while crews replace the underground infrastructure.
- Brock St will experience delays at the Palace Rd. intersection until end of June while crews replace the underground infrastructure.
The following closures are necessary to accommodate events at Rogers K-Rock Centre:
- King Street from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes on Friday May 23 for the Joe Bonamassa Show.
- King Street from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes on Saturday, May 24 for Il Divo.
La Salle Causeway
Public Works and Government Service Canada had advised that the La Salle Causeway will be closed overnight on Thursday, May 22 from midnight to 6 am. for welding work at the north east end of the bridge.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.