News & Public Notices
Friday Traffic Report
December 17, 2014 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow over the next few weeks..
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
- Expect delays on Princess Street between Division and Barrie until late December while crews replace the sidewalk.
- Front Road will experience delays in the vicinity of the bridge until late December.
- Expect delays on George Street until mid-December.
- Division Street will be closed between Brock and Johnson on Thursday, Dec 18 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. to remove and trim trees.
Rogers Hometown Hockey, Thursday, Dec. 18 to Monday, Dec. 22:
- Brock Street from King to Ontario
- Market Street from King to Ontario
- King Street from Brock to Clarence
New Year's Eve Celebrations, Wednesday, Dec. 31:
- The Tragically Hip Way from Ontario to King, 4:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Sir John A Bicentennial Celebrations, Sunday, Jan. 11:
- Brock Street from Ontario Street to Waterfront, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Market Street from Ontario Street to King Street, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Ontario Street from Brock Street to Clarence Street, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes as follows events at the K-Rock Centre:
- World Junior Hockey Games from Friday, Dec. 19 to Tuesday, Dec. 23.
- Disney Live on Saturday, Jan. 3.
- Skate Canada on Saturday, Jan. 10 to Jan. 26.
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 120,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. In 2014, it was named a Top 7 Smart Community by the Intelligent Community Forum. Our vision – to become Canada's most sustainable city – focusses our efforts on: environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality. Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Media Relations Officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call Communications at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.