News & Public Notices
Friday Traffic Report
April 26, 2013 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events that are expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week. Please note the Thursday, overnight closure of the La Salle Causeway notice at the bottom of this listing.
See the entire 2011-2014 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Princess Street Reconstruction
- Princess Street is closed between King Street and Wellington Street until mid-June.
- Princess Street is closed between Bagot Street and Wellington Street until late June.
- The intersection of Princess and Wellington Streets will be closed until mid-May.
John Counter Boulevard Traffic Delay
Motorists can expect delays on John Counter Boulevard between Division Street and Aberfoyle Road, including the intersection of Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard until mid-August.
Other Road Closures
- Third Avenue will be closed from Nelson Street to Victoria Street beginning Monday, April 29 until mid-May.
- Alfred Street will be closed from Earl Street to Johnson Street from Wednesday, May 1 until late May.
- University Avenue from Earl Street to William Street will be closed from Wednesday, May 1 until late May.
Other Traffic Delays
- Raglan Road will experience delays between Montreal Street and Rideau Street until early June while crews re complete the reconstruction of the road.
- Markland Street will experience delays between Montreal Street and Patrick Street until early June while crews re complete the reconstruction of the road.
- Montreal Street will experience delays between Markland Street and Raglan Road until early June while crews re complete the reconstruction of the road.
- Ontario Street will be closed between Clarence and Brock from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday, May 4 for The Freedom of the City Parade.
- Ontario Street will be closed between Johnson to West Street from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 5 for the Battle of the Atlantic Parade.
- King Street will be closed between Barrack and Place d'Armes on Wednesday, May 8 for Merle Haggard.
Bookmark this site for the latest Kingston Transit bus detours www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
La Salle Causeway Thursday Overnight Closure
Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) wishes to advise motorists and pedestrians that the LaSalle Causeway will be closed from 11:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 2, 2013, to 6:00 a.m. on Friday, May 3. Lane restrictions and short duration closures may also occur overnight from May 3 to 10. These closures and restrictions are required to test and calibrate the lifting mechanism of the bascule bridge. The schedule may change due to inclement weather. Safety is a top priority for PWGSC and we are committed to ensuring the continued integrity of the bridges we manage. We apologize for any inconvenience these closures and restrictions may cause and thank everyone for their understanding.
Fermeture De Circulation Nocture (Jeudi) Du Pont-Jetée La Salle
Travaux publics et Services gouvernementaux Canada (TPSGC) souhaite aviser les automobilistes et les piétons que le pont-jetée La Salle sera fermé de 23 h 30, le jeudi 2 mai 2013, à 6 h, le vendredi 3 mai 2013. Des restrictions de voies et des fermetures de courte durée pourraient aussi avoir lieu pendant la nuit au cours de la semaine du 3 au 10 mai. Ces fermetures et ces restrictions de voies sont nécessaires afin de tester et calibrer le mécanisme de levage du pont basculant. L'horaire des travaux pourrait être modifié en fonction du mauvais temps.
La sécurité est la principale priorité de TPSGC, et nous nous engageons à assurer l'intégrité continue des ponts que nous gérons. Nous nous excusons pour tout inconvénient que ces fermetures et restrictions de voies pourraient vous occasionner et nous vous remercions de votre compréhension.
– 30 –
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, extension 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext 2300.