News & Public Notices
Kingston Transit seeks 14 customer-friendly bus operators
February 1, 2016 -
Kingston Transit is offering more service, more often and that means it needs 14 more bus operators. And it's using stories from its existing bus operators to help attract customer-friendly talent from Kingston and beyond.
"We know our friendly bus operators help make riding Kingston Transit a great experience, so we asked them what attracted them to the job. The answers we got were amazing. In addition to the pay, they love the flexible shifts, meeting people, job stability, support from co-workers and the view from the driver's seat," says Jeremy Da Costa, manager Kingston Transit.
He says Kingston Transit's "My Story" campaign to recruit bus operators is also a way to celebrate the great bus operators who have helped to attract riders to the transit system during its recent growth spurt.
Kingston Transit's goal is to be a viable transportation choice that competes with the car in terms of comfort, convenience, reliability and travel time.
Kingston Transit is adding more service. It's a great time to hop aboard!
Fast facts about Kingston Transit's growth:
- Three express routes have been created since 2013. Kingston Transit is planning further service enhancements – including more service, more often on Express Route 501/502 starting September 2016. Frequency of service will increase to every 10 minutes during peak communting hours (Monday – Friday).
- More than 50 bus operators have been hired since 2012.
- Over 4.65 million trips were taken by riders on Kingston Transit in 2015 – an 11 per cent increase in ridership following a 13 per cent increase in 2014.
Interested? Find job details at kingstontransit.ca and apply by Friday, Feb. 26 at www.CityofKingston.ca/careers.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent education
- Two years of experience working in a customer service occupation.
- A valid G licence* with at least five years driving experience.
*Selected applicants will be trained to be upgraded from a G to a CZ licence.
Plan your bus trip with Google Transit: www.kingstontransit.ca/tripplanner
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. In 2014, it was named a Top 7 Smart Community by the Intelligent Community Forum. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future. Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
- 30 -