News & Public Notices
Need to add your name to the Municipal Voters List?
September 8, 2014 -
Be ready to vote in the municipal election on October 27: check to see if you are on the municipal Voters' List – and apply to add your name ahead of the election to help avoid line-ups on the Final Voting Day.
You can now check the Voters' List two ways:
1. By entering your name and address at www.CityofKingston.ca/city-hall/elections/voters/voters-list.
2. By inspecting the Voters' List at:
- City Hall, 216 Ontario St.
- INVISTA Centre, 1350 Gardiners Rd.
- Municipal Office, 1211 John Counter Blvd.
- These Kingston Frontenac Public Library Branches: Central, 130 Johnson St.; Kingscourt, 115 Kirkpatrick St.; Calvin Park, 88 Wright Cres.; Pittsburgh, 80 Gore Rd.; and Isabel Turner, 935 Gardiners Rd.
How to add your name
Use the Application to Amend the Voters' List, available at these locations, to make changes to the Voters' List (the form must be completed by the individual requiring the change). You need identification with your name and qualifying address to be added to the Voters' List.
Eligible voters may:
- Return a completed Application to Amend the Voters' List to the City Hall Election Office by Monday, Sept. 15 to receive a correct Voter Notification Card.
- From September 15 to October 27, complete the Application at the City Hall Election Office and receive a Clerk's Certificate to present at your poll on a Voting Day.
The Voters' List can be changed at the poll on a Voting Day as long as proper identification is presented.
During September the Election Team will be out in the community and will be able to process amendment forms on site.
Applications may be filed in person or by mail or at the Election Office, 1st Floor, City Hall, 216 Ontario St., Kingston, ON K7L 2Z3. If you are mailing an application to the Election Office at City Hall, a photocopy of your identification must be included. See www.mah.gov.on.ca/Page10458.aspx for a list of acceptable forms of identification.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Media Relations Officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call Communications at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.