News & Public Notices
Notice of public open house - Highway 15 Municipal Class Environmental Assessment Study
November 17, 2015 -
In light of recent growth in Kingston's east end, the City of Kingston is conducting a Schedule ‘C' Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (EA) Study to review the current and future transportation needs of pedestrians, cyclists, Kingston Transit and vehicles:
- along Highway 15 from south of Highway 401 to Highway 2 and
- along Highway 2 from the La Salle Causeway to Princess Mary Avenue.
The approximate study limits are illustrated on the map. Prior development approvals to close Biscayne Street at Highway 15 will be reviewed as part of this study in the context of the current and future transportation network.
Public open house
The purpose of the open house is to:
- Introduce the study to you.
- Provide information on the existing conditions and seek input on identifying opportunities and challenges.
- Describe and seek input on potential alternative solutionsto improve traffic flow.
Date: Thursday, Nov. 26
Time: Drop-in between 5:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Location: La Salle Secondary School, 773 Highway 15
For more information about the study, please visit www.CityofKingston.ca/highway15. To submit a question, comment or for more information, please contact:
Tyler Lasko, P.Eng.
Infrastructure and development
City of Kingston
216 Ontario St.
Kingston, ON K7L 2Z3
Phone: 613-546-4291, ext. 2307
Joseph Arcaro, P.Eng.
100 York Blvd., Suite 300
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 1J8
This notice was first issued on Nov. 17, 2015