Progress on Priorities - the 2018 Annual Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Progress on Priorities - the 2018 Annual Report
February 26, 2019 –
The City's 2018 Annual Report highlights progress made on the priorities set by the previous council in its 2015-2018 Kingston Strategic Plan. It shows 98 per cent of the 40 strategic initiatives trending in the desired direction.
It is available now at www.CityofKingston.ca/AnnualReport.
These key stories and infographic highlights offer a snapshot of the City's performance in our previous council's six priority areas:
- Create a smart economy – See how the Mayor's Innovation Challenge supports solutions from young innovators.
- Green the city – Find out about a sustainable parking solution in Shannon's Corners Park, achieving waste-diversion goals (early!) and expanding the trail system.
- Invest in infrastructure – Get a high-level view of the 2018 work to realize the Third Crossing and expand Kingston Airport.
- Advance a vibrant waterfront – See how the work to Breakwater Park is just part of a plan for 30 years of waterfront improvements.
- Plan a livable City of Kingston – Learn more about the Rideau Heights Community Centre and Library and the expansion of Kingston Transit.
- Foster open government – Find out how the City is engaging residents to improve City projects and making its data available for use by the public.
Residents can get an even deeper look at final updates to the 2015-2018 Kingston Strategic Plan, go to: www.CityofKingston.ca/apps/CouncilPriorities.