Snow Much Fun welcomes winter with free activities on Dec. 7
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Snow Much Fun welcomes winter with free activities on Dec. 7
November 19, 2018 –
Join the City – and seasonal special guests, Santa and Rudolph – for Snow Much Fun from 5 to 9 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 7 in Springer Market Square.
"Tis' the season for festive fun! We've brought back favourite family activities like the holiday market and Santa's Workshop," says Emily Hatchette, assistant supervisor, special events. "We're also excited to welcome local musicians Kyle Dunn and Emily Bashall who will wrap up the evening with an acoustic Christmas concert!"
Scheduled events include:
- 5-5:30 p.m. & 6:30-9 p.m.: Visit with Santa (photo op schedule available on-site)
- 7 p.m.: Story time with the Mayor (an ASL interpreter is provided)
- 8 to 9 p.m.: Acoustic Christmas concert with Kyle Dunn and Emily Bashall
Fun activities all evening long include:
- Skating on Springer Market Square rink (weather permitting)
- St. George's Cathedral choir and Bell system providing classic carols
- Interactive games and activities for the kids
- Holiday market vendors
- "Warm-Up Zone" with cozy wood-fire fire pits and Adirondack chairs
- Santa's Workshop with fun hands-on projects sponsored by Home Depot
- Beavertails on-site with scrumptious treats [cash only]
- Toy Drive collection on site to receive donations of new, unwrapped toys
- Meet and Greets with Santa throughout the night
Follow the Candy Cane and Snowman route up Brock St. to the Kingston Holiday Market 168 Wellington St.) to warm up and do more holiday shopping. Santa will be at the Holiday Market from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
For more see: www.CityofKingston.ca/FeatureEvents