News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
May 11, 2018 -
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/Construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Ministry of Transportation
For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit www.Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- Expect periodic delays and lane closures along Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until Nov. 2018 to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
Other Construction Road Closures
- Princess Street is closed for reconstruction from Clergy to Division. The intersection of Barrie and Princess is also closed. Access the Metro parking lot from Brock Street. Princess Street will reopen to vehicular traffic on July 1.
- Barrie Street is closed for reconstruction between Johnson and Queen. Access the Metro parking lot from Brock Street.
- George Street is closed from Stuart to O'Kill from 7 a.m. Tuesday, May 15 to 5 p.m. Wednesday, May 16 to allow for the hoisting of mechanical equipment in Botterell Hall. NOTE: This work was completed on May 15 so George Street will be open on May 16.
- The Tragically Hip Way will be closed from King to Ontario on Saturday, May 12 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for the Queen's University Community Outreach Centre-Kingston Police Canine Unit, Makerspace Mobile Unit.
- King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes from 12:01 a.m. on Friday, May 11 to 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, May 12 for the Science Rendezvous.
Construction Road Delays
Expect delays on:
- Taylor Kidd Boulevard from Bayridge to Old Colony due to eastbound lane closures until early June to allow for new watermain construction by Utilities Kingston.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until late May while crews install storm sewers.
- Front Road between INVISTA's east entrance and Trailhead Place until the end of May to allow crews to finalize bridge work.
- John Counter Boulevard from Sir John A. Macdonald to Portsmouth until early July while crews finalize the road works.
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction zones in these areas:
- Princess Street from Clergy to Division.
- Barrie Street from Queen to Brock.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.
About the City of Kingston
Kingston's vision of being a smart, livable 21st century city is fast becoming reality. History and innovation thrive in our dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. With a stable and diversified economy that includes global corporations, innovative startups and all levels of government, Kingston's high quality of life offers access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.