News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
October 16, 2015 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week, including a notice from Utilities Kingston's about electrical work affecting downtown parking and sidewalks.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/residents/transit/service-alerts.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Traffic delays (constuction)
- Expect significant delays on Front Road between Trailhead Place and INVISTA until the end of the year as crews replace the bridge. Choose an alternate route if possible.
- - Expect delays to begin on John Counter Boulevard between Princess and Indian as crews complete preliminary work for the bridge embankment. See www.CityofKingston.ca/jcb
- Expect delays at the intersection of Portsmouth and Princess beginning Monday, Oct. 19 to Friday, Oct. 23 while crews install a sidewalk.
- Expect delays at the intersection of Ontario and Queen from Oct. 13 to 21 while crews for Utilities Kingston replace a storm and sanitary pipe.
- Expect significant delays on eastbound Bath Road (between Palace and Princess) and Concession Street (between Princess and Drayton). These sections of Bath and Concession will be reduced to one-lane at times as Utilities Kingston installs a gas main. Due to the location of this project, extra precautions are being taken to minimize impacts and delays for drivers. For example, trenchless (no-dig) technologies will be used to the greatest extent possible. Learn more about the traffic impacts of this project from Utilities Kingston www.utilitieskingston.com/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=305.
Road closures (reconstuction)
- Yonge Street from Forsythe to Hatter (north leg) will be closed until early November.
- Portsmouth Avenue will be closed south of John Counter from Tuesday, Oct. 27 to Thursday, Oct. 29 for culvert replacement.
- John Counter will be closed between Portsmouth and Princess from Nov. 9 to 13 while crews replace culverts. Local traffic can continue to access the Via Rail station and other businesses on the west side of the tracks from Princess St.
Road closures (events)
- Union Street between University and Division on Saturday, Oct. 24 from 12 noon until Sunday, Oct. 25 at 6 a.m. for the Queen's University Homecoming Street Festival
- King Street between The Tragically Hip Way and Place d'Armes on Friday, Oct. 23 to Sunday, Oct. 25 for the Limestone Learning Crystal Ball Gala
Utilities Kingston - Downtown electrical work
Business owners, shoppers and residents in the areas listed below can expect parking restrictions and sidewalk closures while crews work to install new electrical infrastructure. Work will be staggered over the coming months so not all these areas will be affected at the same time.
- Princess Street between Clergy and Montreal
- Clergy Street between Princess and Queen
- Sydenham Street between Princess and Queen
- Montreal Street between Princess and Queen
View a more detailed map of the affected area at: http://www.utilitieskingston.com/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=289
We apologize for any inconvenience. This work helps to ensure a reliable source of electricity to you, our customers.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, communications officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116, or call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.