News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
April 22, 2016 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/residents/transit/service-alerts.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
La Salle Causeway – Overnight Closures April 26 to 29
The La Salle Causeway will be closed up to four overnight periods – 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m. April 26 through 29 – to ready the bridge for boating season. During the closure, crews will open the bridge for emergency vehicles and, periodically, to pedestrian traffic. See more details on this Public Works and Government Services Canada closure at the end of this message.
Princess Street Reconstruction
- Princess Street is closed from Bagot to Montreal until the beginning of May and from Sydenham to Montreal until the end of May.
- The intersection of Sydenham and Princess is closed until June 1.
- The intersection of Montreal and Princess is closed to vehicular traffic until May 9. Pedestrians can continue to cross here.
- Motorists should expect delays on Princess Street between Sydenham and Clergy while crews complete servicing work.
- Motorists should expect occasional delays at the intersection of Bagot and Princess while crews complete work on the Princess Street reconstruction project.
Businesses on downtown Princess Street remain open and accessible during this project.
See www.CityofKingston.ca/Princess for details and regular updates on the project to rebuild downtown Princess Street.
Kingston Transit riders: please note that a temporary stop for routes 2, 4 and 18 has been set up on the south side of Queen Street at Montreal Street to accommodate bus detours associated with the Princess Street closure. See detour details at www.CityofKingston.ca/residents/transit/service-alerts.
Wellington And Princess Construction
- The north lane of Princess Street and the adjacent sidewalk will be closed at Wellington and up toward Bagot from Wednesday, April 27 until 7 p.m. on Monday, May 2 to accommodate the demolition of the building at the corner of Wellington and Princess.
- The southbound lane of Wellington Street is closed until the end of September to accommodate construction of the new Scotiabank building at Wellington and Princess. Motorists can access the Angrove Parking Lot off Wellington.
Businesses on Wellington Street remain open during construction.
Polson Park Delays/Intermittent Closures
Motorists should expect delays and intermittent street closures in the area of Polson Park on and around Robert Wallace Drive on upcoming Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Utilities Kingston crews (on behalf of Kingston Hydro) are working with Bell Canada to replace hydro poles in the area.
Other Construction Road Closures
- Clarence Street will be closed from Ontario to the water from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, April 27 to accommodate a crane that will lift a chiller onto the roof of Harbour Place.
- Kingston Mills Road will be closed at the Swing Bridge from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, May 5 and Friday, May 6 for Parks Canada maintenance.
- Yonge Street will be closed from Wolfe to Forsythe until late May.
These streets will be closed:
- Ontario Street from Brock to Clarence on Sunday, April 24 from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for the 5K and 21K Races. There will be one-way traffic on the LaSalle Causeway from 9:25 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Market Street and Ontario Street from Clarence to Brock on Sunday, May 1 from 8:40 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. for the Royal Military College's Copper Sunday Parade.
- Ontario Street from William to Lower Union from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 1 for the Annual Battle of Atlantic Parade and Memorial Service.
- King Street from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes on Saturday, May 7 from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for Science Rendezvous Kingston 2016.
Motorists should expect delays on:
- Yonge Street between Union and Johnson until mid-May. Crews are doing servicing work to allow for the continued reconstruction of Yonge Street.
- Bath Road between Gardiners and Days until the end of April while crews install new sidewalks.
- Midland Avenue between Princess and Cataraqui Woods until the end of April while crews install new sidewalks
- Front Road from Country Club to Sunny Acres until the end of the year while crews complete the reconstruction of the final phase of the bridge.
- Princess Street from Midland to Gardiners until mid-May while crews construct a sidewalk.
Road Reconstruction Projects
Work to reconstruct the following roadways is underway:
- Princess Street between Bagot and Clergy
- Montreal Street between Queen and Brock
- Sydenham Street between Queen and Princess
- Clergy Street between Queen and Princess
- Front Road Bridge
- Yonge Street from Union to Johnson
Public Works And Government Services Canada Notice On La Salle Causeway Closure
La Salle Causeway overnight closures starting April 26
Motorists and pedestrians are advised of upcoming overnight closures on the La Salle Causeway affecting vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
The overnight closures will begin on Tuesday, April 26, 2016, from 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m. and continue nightly through April 29. During this time, vehicles will not be allowed to cross the bridge. Work will cease periodically to allow pedestrian traffic to cross.
These closures are necessary to complete annual bridge maintenance work. Regular bridge operations are scheduled to resume on Friday, 29 April at 5 a.m. Work may be completed before the scheduled re-opening.
For information, contact
Regional Manager, Real Property, Professional and Technical Services