News & Public Notices
May 12, 2017 -
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1. However, MTO has advised of the following 401 ramp closure next week:
- May 15, westbound on ramp at Division Street closed between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. (rain date: May 16)
- May 15 and 16, eastbound off ramp at Hwy 15 will be closed between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Additional east bound off ramp and west bound on ramp closures will also be taking place throughout the rest of the week, timing not yet finalized.
Construction Road Closures
- The fixed bridge and swing bridge on Kingston Mills Road is closed until late June 2017 to allow Parks Canada to replace the fixed bridge and rehabilitate the swing bridge. Want community updates on this project? Email RideauCanal.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Division Street will be closed from Union to Clergy beginning Monday, May 15 until late June for reconstruction.
Other Road Closures
- Expect lane closures and lane reductions on Division Street (from Concession to Princess) and Chatham Street into June. Utilities Kingston crews will conduct pole line work on behalf of Kingston Hydro.
- MacCauley Street will be closed from Daly St. to the end of road until 5 p.m. on Friday, May 26 5:00 for a water service connection.
- Ontario Street will be closed from Gore to King and Lower Union on Sunday May 7 10:55 am to 12:15 pm to allow for a ceremony of remembrance and wreath laying at the cenotaph in Navy Memorial Park.
- King Street will be closed from Clarence to Brock and Brock Street from Ontario to King on Friday, May 12from 6 to 11 p.m. for the Sam Roberts Band Concert in the Square.
- Market Street also will be closed between Ontario and King from Thursday, May 11 from 8 a.m. to Saturday, May 13 to 8 a.m. for the stage set-up, concert and tear down.
- King Street is closed today and Saturday from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes for the Science Rendezvous.
- The Tragically Hip Way will also be closed on Saturday, May 13 from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for the Science Rendezvous free public open house.
Motorists and cyclists should expect delays on these roadways due to road construction and bridge construction:
- John Counter Blvd until late September while crews complete the road widening.
- Front Road until late August while crews complete replacement of the bridge.
- Division Street from Union to Earl until late May while crews prepare this area for construction.
- Princess Street from Midland to Bayridge until late May while crews complete crack sealing.
- Princess Street from Portsmouth to Taylor Kidd. until late May while crews complete crack sealing.
- Taylor Kidd Blvd from Bayridge to Collins Bay Road until late May while crews complete crack sealing.
- Division Street from John Counter to Fraser until late May while crews complete crack sealing.
- John Counter Blvd. from Division to Montreal until late May while crews complete crack sealing.
- Battersea from McAdoo's Lane to Unity until late May while crews complete crack sealing.
- Bayridge Drive from Taylor Kidd Blvd to Lincoln until late May while crews construct new sidewalk.
- During the week of May 15, expect a lane reduction at King Street West and Country Club Drive. Utilities Kingston crews are completing water line work.
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future.
Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.